(Closed) How much did you spend on your wedding? (POLL)

posted 5 years ago in Money
  • poll: How much did you spend or plan to spend on your wedding?
    5K or less : (34 votes)
    9 %
    10K or less : (52 votes)
    14 %
    15k or less : (68 votes)
    18 %
    20k or less : (64 votes)
    17 %
    30k or less : (64 votes)
    17 %
    40k or less : (44 votes)
    11 %
    more then 50K : (46 votes)
    12 %
    more then 100K : (11 votes)
    3 %
    What do you care? : (0 votes)
  • Post # 61
    440 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2017

View original reply
    Kacie209 :  Wow!  How in the world did you do that for that large of a group?!?  What type of food did you serve at your wedding?  I know that that’s usually people’s biggest spending amount. 

Post # 62
    481 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2016 - Theater

All costs included (that is to say rings) we were a little shy of 12k, but I still put it as 10k because our costs also included a weeklong AirBnB and transatlantic flights. I also made about 1k back by selling decor, Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses and accessories I knew I wasn’t going to use again and expecting to make another 800ish dollars from selling our wedding dresses.

We had a small-ish wedding of 60 guests.

Post # 63
    3791 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

View original reply
    futuremrsferrell :  We had a plated dinner, which included salad, rolls and a main meal. We had eitehr stuffed chicken breast, some sort of beef (can’t remember what it was exactly), and then a pork option. Chicken strips for any kids we had (13 of them) and then accomdated anything who was a vegetarian or gluten-free.

The prices were actually pretty good, with the main meals about $23 a plate – compared to some places in town.

I know the reception was our biggest cost, and was probably around $5-6K split between families (DH had WAY more guests than my side did). I was also very budget conscious with everything else. As I had read in “A Practical Wedding”, I wanted a wedding that made me happy – and didn’t need all the frills to do it. 🙂

Post # 65
    8 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2016

Here’s a great $30K sample budget: https://goo.gl/0OQy9q . Includes every line item + tips on where the bride saved!

The topic ‘How much did you spend on your wedding? (POLL)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors