Post # 17
We have spent roughly 2500 so far. We are going to Ocho Rios Jamaica. It is an all inclusive resort. This amount is for airfare and hotel. We are staying 7 days. One tip I have is fly on week days of you can. (We are leaving on a Tues and coming back on Mon) By doing this, we were able to stay 6 nights for the same price as 5 if we would have flown on a weekend.
We also plan on taking extra cash for excursions and if we want a meal or two away from the resort. I have heard many good things about Jamaica particularly Negril and Ocho Rios although all parts are nice.
Post # 18
1. How much? A little over $2000
2. Where did you go? We’re going on a cruise to Jamaica, the Cayman Islands, and Cozumel, Mexico.
3. How long did you stay? We haven’t went yet, but it’s a 7 day trip.
4. What did you get for it? It includes ALL of our food, non-alcoholic drinks, our room of course, and just about anything else on the boat. The only thing we have to pay for is our off shore excursions, spa treatmets & alcoholic drinks.
5. Would you recommend it to others? I’ll let you know in a couple weeks, but it seems WONDERFUL!
Post # 19
<span class=”Apple-style-span” style=”font-family: tahoma; font-size: 13px”>
1. How much? approximately $5000
2. Where did you go? We’re going on a week long cruise in the Caribbean (turks & caicos, puerto rico, st. thomas, and the bahamas to be more specific.)
3. How long did you stay? 1 week
4. What did you get for it (all-inclusive. private pool, butler, etc.) all food is included and onboard entertainment.
5. Would you recommend it to others? I don’t know about this particular cruise because we haven’t gone yet, but i would recommend all the other cruises i have been on.
Post # 20
We will be going to Punta Cana in the DR.
1. How much – $5500
2. Punta Cana in the Domincan Republic at the Excellence Resort
3. We will be there 8 nights and 9 days
4. It was all inclusive with EVERYTHING included. Also FI’s parents, cousins and other family had been there before and raved about it. Plus we are getting a junior suite with ocean view AND its a swim up!
5. Havent gone yet 🙂
Post # 21
2. We will be going to New York City- we’re both total museum crazies, and there’s such a diversity of stuff to do that we’ll be entertained in pretty much every way imaginable.
3. We’ll be staying for 5 days.
4.We’re a part of the Priority Club Rewards program which lets you build up points at hotel chains like Holiday Inn, Staybridge Suites (our favorite- full kitchen, yes!), Candlewood Suites, etc. Since this is a long-distance relationship, we’ve built up quite a number of hotel points and airfare points so I think 2 or 3 of those nights will end up free and one of our flights will be free! Other than that, we’re pretty simple people and just want good food, a soft bed, and intellectual stimulation, so we’ve got that in spades. 🙂
5. I will definitely let you know!
Post # 22
We are still trying to decide where to go/how much to spend etc so keep on posting!
Post # 23
1. How much? I think total the trip will cost about 6k for two people. This included R/T airfare for $800/person, 14 day JR Pass for $700/person, and lodging at hotels & ryokan ($1500 total).
2. Where did you go? We are going to Japan on a backpacking trip. Neither of us are the kind to sit on a beach and definitely love to immerse ourselves into some serious culture. The places of lodging inlude: Miyajima, Kurashiki, Takamatsu, Kyoto (2 nts), Koyasan, Takayama, Hakone, Tokyo (2 nts). There are other places we will be visiting including Hiroshima and Nara.
3. How long did you stay? 13 days.
4. What did you get for it (all-inclusive. private pool, butler, etc.) Um its a backpacking trip. We selected mostly Ryokans (Japanese B&B) so we get dinner and breakfast included in a lot of our meals. It is mostly eastern style lodging, futons, shoes off at the door, baths, etc. A couple of our locations inlude private hot springs to bath in.
5. Would you recommend it to others? We are definitely excited! I have heard only compliments on Japan, but will update you when we return! I will say it is not for the type who would just like to sit on a beach and relax, there is a lot of traveling via first class train, and some rather cultural experiences like sleeping in a Buddhist temple.
Post # 24
How much: $5K ($2.5 for flight and hotel, $2.5K planned for spending money)
Where: Cabo San Lucas
How long: 7 nights @ Villa de Estancia
Not all inclusive. Haven’t gone yet so I don’t know if I would recommend it yet. It looks amazing though!
Post # 25
We are also doing the all inclusive Sandals Jamaican resort for 6 nights in May. My best friend told me it is a great idea to go someplace relaxing where the people wait on you hand and foot. She said right up until the wedding you’re so stressed and busy that to take a few days after all the excitement to chill out with your new hubby is the best idea. The cost is about $2,500 including airfare. We’re looking forward to it!
Post # 26
We are doing a 9 day cruise. Princess Cruise Line, Balcony Suite.
Cost: $2800… we are leaving out of New York so there is no airfare needed which was great for us bc if we took a cruise out of the standard ports (FL) we would have had to do the round trip air and all… we are excited!!
Post # 27
1. How much? about $1000
2. Where did you go? We’ll be heading to the Smokies in TN (outside Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge)
3. How long did you stay? 4 nights + 1 night in Nashville on our way home
4. What did you get for it (all-inclusive. private pool, butler, etc.) a great newish ( 2 years old) cabin, our own hot tub, and great views. Mostly, we want to spend a bunch of time together, cook breakfast, enjoy the "mountains" and check out the local towns
5. Would you recommend it to others? two of our friends did this for their honeymoons and really enjoyed it!
Post # 28
1. 5K (1K airfare, 3K hotel, 1K spending money for spa, shopping, day trips)
2. Excellence Riviera Cancun (in Riviera Maya, about 30 minutes south of Cancun)
3. 7 nights, 8 days
4. all-inclusive, plus the honeymoon package (bottle of champagne, one romantic dinner, rose petals in the room upon arrival, champagne breakfast in bed, 15% discount on all spa treatments)
5. not sure yet!
5K was our budget, too, which is hard anymore, especially if you like nice things 🙂 After MUCH research, this seemed to us like the best value for your money. We had originally booked at Ceiba del Mar, another spa resort, but they recently opened the resort to families with small children, so that was a deal breaker for us. This won Trip Advisor’s "Best for Romance" award last year, so we’re hoping it lives up to expectations 🙂
Post # 29
1. How much?
$1885 for a ocean front beach house, $330 for 2 days at Hotel in Dewey Beach, + spending money
2. Where did you go?
emerald Island, NC for 1 week then drove up to Dewey Beach DE for a few days
3. How long did you stay?
1 week beach, 3 days Dewey beach
4. What did you get for it (all-inclusive. private pool, butler, etc.)
The beach house had 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, kitchen, porch, but we got it for the ocean front location. The water was about 50 yards from the front door and the master bedroom had ocean view too. Very quite, not at all crowed and this was in July.
5. Would you recommend it to others?
If you want a laid back, easy week then yes. It was perfect for us. We love the beach but don’t usually splurge on ocean front. The wedding was in Northern VA so it was only about a 6 hour drive, which we did the day after. I loved the drive down, it gave us a chance to just talk about the day before and be together. It was a very quite beach and we felt secluded, but shopping and activities were only 20-30 minutes away. Having the kitchen was great for breakfast and lunch so that we could just come in from the beach and grab and easy meal. For dinner, some nights we picked up fresh seafood to cook at home and other we ate out.
This was a great honeymoon and I would go back in a heartbeat.
Post # 30
1. How much? 4K (gift from the parents, who aren’t paying for the wedding)
2. Where did you go? Punta Cana
3. How long did you stay? 8 days, 7 nights
4. What did you get for it: all-inclusive, honeymoon package, horseback riding, non motorized water sports, and all that other good stuff
5. Would you recommend it to others? I’m sure I will! It’s a really awesome 5 star hotel and we got a steal on it by using my company’s travel agent. Check your own work place for corporate perks!
Post # 31
$4200 = hotel, airfare, food & drink
& thats before the $600 off we will be getting in rebates from the airlines and bahamas.
Nasseu, Bahamas; Sandals Resort
All inclusive; stayin Oct. 25th to Oct 31st
Own villa with butler service, 24 hour room service, rolls royce transfer to n from airport
I cant wait to go! if anyone needs help, my cousin is a travel agent! http://www.contrinotravel.com