Post # 17
Wowie! I’m not as organized of a person as I thought I was…
So far ~
We have August 20, 2011 pinned.
Our colors are Burgundy and Butternut
I have my dress
He picked out and bought his ring
Need to do soon ~
Go pick out paper for our DIY invitations (Kelly Paper is now in Portland WOO HOO!!!)Decide if we’re going to send out STD’s or not, I’ve become a very very very indecisive person lately
Pick my BM’s and his Groomsmen. I have decided on 3, but would like 5.
We need to get out and look at venues. Me being the saver that I am would love to have it at our friends home…
So there it is. I’ve not gotten hardly anything done.
Post # 18
Ack! I’m so far behind! We’ve been engaged for just about a month now, and we’ve…
-set a date
-picked our bridesmaids and groomsmen
-booked our ceremony venue
-asked my pastry chef friend to make our cake
and that’s it! I so envy all the brides who live in the same place they’re getting married–I’m in optometry school in Memphis and am getting married 10.5 hours away! I agree with several of you that having your choice of vendors is ideal so booking early is key, but it’s so hard to make these decisions with so many people involved. The Future In-Laws are already asking where we should have the rehearsal dinner and I can only say “I’m not really focusing on that until after we have our reception venue booked” so many times. Blarg!
On the other hand, I’m a big fan of this really shiny pretty thing that’s now on my left hand…:) Congrats to you all!
Post # 19
– booked venue (ceremony/reception are in one spot) and blocked hotel rooms
– got bridal party – the dude still has to ask his guys!!
– booked photag
– engagement pictures this Sunday
– started wedding website
– got my e-ring and wedding band last weekend
– have “colors”: green, but going with more of a mix-matched, wildflowers look
– have a bunch of ideas printed
– figured out we’re having BBQ and a dessert table, and homebrewed beer. our friend volunteered to do the BBQ, need to confirm that’s the route we’re going.
– figured out I’m making homemade jam for the favors
– guest list is pretty much complete
– figured out we’re doing one of those snapfish/kodak photo books of pictures of us, friends, family for the guest book – I like the idea of a coffee table book we can always look at.
– tentative date for my bachelorette party: weekend of Bay to Breakers in San Francisco. the girls and I will get hotel rooms and “party” Friday/Saturday, and will then “run” the race.
that’s about it!!
Post # 20
Another August 20th bride here
So far we have:
Chose a location for our destination wedding
Hired the wedding planner
Chose the beach for the ceremony and the venue for the reception
Hired the Photographer
Got the dress!
Ordered the Save The Dates
Picked out the wedding bands
Booked the Videographer
By the end of the week we will have chosen the colors, booked the DJ, and made a final decision on invitations
Post # 21
My Wedding is August 7, 2011
So far we have:
booked a venue (same place for ceremony and reception and they are doing the catering including cupcakes)
booked a Rabbi
booked a DJ
booked a photographer with photobooth
sent save the dates
bought my dress
bought some of fiance’s outfit
organized wedding party
started invitation design
hired a spanish guitarist for the ceremony
started to think about brooch bouquet for myself
thought about honeymoon
registered for gifts
created wedding website
reserved hotel block
Getting close but still so much to do….
Post # 22
yay we are date twins 🙂
dress is in
bridesmaid dresses ordered
cake place determined
sooooo many little things to do my head is spinning…there’s time i guess though 🙂