(Closed) How much for Hair & Makeup?

posted 7 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
201 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I’m looking for hair+makeup in the los angeles area. For the really experienced hair+makeup artists, I’m finding that they charge about $130 for bride trial, $350 for bride day-of, $120 for BMs. Most people seem to be charging for travel outside of their immediate area, about $1.00-1.25 per mile. Hope this helps!

Post # 4
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

It will really depend on your area.

My hair is $225 for me and $75 per bridesmaid (that includes a hair trial for me)

My makeup is $100 for me and $50 per bridesmaid (that also includes a makeup trial for me)

Hair person comes to me (or to the makeup salon). Makeup people charge extra to come to m (not sure how much yet and may just use the salon because it is SUPER close to the hotel and is a beautiful space).

These are prices for midcoast Maine.

Post # 5
263 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

In my area, I’m paying roughly $110 for bridal and $90 for bridesmaids…that’s hair and makeup (airbrush included).

Post # 6
1213 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Mine is about $250 for the day of the wedding.

Hair trial is $30-50 depending on the style, makeup trial is $75 (fake lashes are a separate cost for everyone but the bride, $15). First 20 miles of travel are free, then $.20 per mile after that.

So I spent $125 on my trial +$13 for extra mileage and then I’ll be spending $250 for the wedding day, so $388 altogether + tip. Sounds kinda pricey, but I think she did a really good job for the trial so I don’t mind as much. I’m giving my bridesmaids the option to have their hair/makeup done, but I’m not making them do it (and unfortunately we can’t afford to pay for everyone to have it done).    

Post # 9
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@Anxiouspeanut: I think the only really important thing as it relates to bridesmaids hair and makeup is that if you are requiring them to get their hair/makeup done then you need to pay for it.

If using the hair/make up person is optional, then it is ok for them to pay for their own (because they are choosing the service).

Post # 10
3068 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

It depends on location. My hair is $75 and my makeup is $125 which includes airbrushing and false individual eyelashes.

Post # 11
2580 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

My trial is $130, if I decide to go with her, it’s the same  costfor the day of (lashes included with both). Just hair for bridesmaids is $75 apiece, and she has a $75 travel fee. Her prices were very reasonable compared to most of the others I looked at…I scoured all of the WeddingWire reviews for a long time to find someone I liked and could afford!

Post # 14
554 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

My hair and make-up is $190, the travel fee is $100. I decided to go to her salon (and save $100!) since it was just me and I will be out picking up my bouquet anyway.

Post # 15
1263 posts
Bumble bee

It definitely depends on your area. I am paying $60 for my hair (including trial), $85 for airbrush make-up and false eyelashes (including trial), and $30 each for my bridemaid’s hair day-of. The salon is about 2 hours away from OKC so me and some girlfriends are going up there for the trial and I am paying them $50 to come here for my wedding day.

The topic ‘How much for Hair & Makeup?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors