(Closed) How much is professional hair & makeup costing you?

posted 6 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
1238 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I found a great MUA who works out of an “earth-kind” salon, meaning they use all-natural products for face and hair. It’s a perfect fit for me!

My trial is $25, full face on wedding day, $65, and hair will be $50. It’s more than I initially wanted to spend, but I know I will feel beautiful and good knowing that I support the ethics of the cosmetics and the salon. And he is funny and fabulous so it will be a great start to the day!

I’m sorry things are so pricey in LA. gawd!

Post # 4
7902 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

Is this for the artist to come to you day of? You can probably get the same quality hair and makeup by going to a high-end salon and spend about 25-50% as much.

Post # 5
4887 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Woo whee that’s expensive!!!  I might try tinkering around with some products and DIYing your make up.  I recently had a trial done, then went out and bought similar things because I wasn’t sure if I was going through with the service.  Turns out I can do just as good, maybe even BETTER of a job by myself!

In the end I’m going with both services, however.  Hair and make up are $110 for trial and $110 for day of.  That’s for me… then I multiply that times 5 to cover my mom and bridesmaids.  Yay!

Post # 6
7902 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

PS, I went to a Red Door Salon by Elizabeth Arden, and my hair was $100 and makeup like $85 I think, plus another $70 or so for the hair trial, plus tips. This was in beachside Fort Lauderdale, so expensive, but not LA.

Post # 7
1664 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’m spending about 50 on my hair and found a makeup artist who does three different packages… the first is 80.00 , then 150, then 200. The more expensive packages include touch ups in between the ceremony/photos and then again before the reception. The most expensive package includes a bag of stuff for the bride.. makeup, blot tissues, etc. 

Post # 8
2158 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I’m paying about $90 for hair and make up on the day of, and about $50 for the trial.

Post # 9
500 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

In total my hair is costing $500!!! and my make up will cost $70.

Post # 10
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Hi!  I too live in LA, and I too was shocked and appalled at the prices I have been quoted.  The max I’ve seen has been $300 for hair plus $300 for makeup, plus $125 for each hour of touch up.  The lowest I’ve seen thus far has been $75 for hair and $75 for makeup, and that is ONLY if I go to their salon the day of the wedding. 

What the others have said is probably right, you’ll get much better price going to any salon than to any “wedding” makeup artist.

Good luck!

Post # 11
2702 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

altogether with tips and trials I paid about $400 for hair and make up

Post # 12
1279 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Whoa! That price is just for you? Whoa. That IS pricey…and I thought Hawaii was expensive. I found a artist to do hair and makeup for me, my two sisters, and my mom for $400. I will be doing a trial also, just me, which will cost another $140.

Post # 14
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@lovejewel:  @tampura:  

It is insanely expensive!  I was looking everywhere and was just shocked at the prices!  Did you guys already book?  The person I found was through the weddingchannel.com deals.  She had a deal going for the trial hair and makeup for only $60 which is for both!  I have to go to her location for the trial, but for the day of the wedding she will be coming to me.  The price I got from her is $299 for my hair and makeup day of the wedding.  That includes airbrush and false eyelashes.  She’s doing my BMs for $100 each girl (hair and makeup total).  I looked at her site and saw her photos and the reviews and they look good so far.  I haven’t had my trial yet so I can’t say how great she does, but I’m hoping it’s amazing! Lol.   Her company is http://www.splendor-beauty.com/

Post # 15
80 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@lovejewel:  I was seeing the same prices, as I’m from LA/OC as well.  Holy crap, right?!  Luckily I found an old friend from high school who she and a friend exclusively do bridal hair and makeup together.  I booked the two of them (one does hair, one does makeup) for $180, and $80 for the trial.  They charge $110 for BMs.  I think they’re really reasonable, considering what I’ve been seeing out there.  Plus they come to you.  And they’re good.  PM if you want me to fwd you their info. 

Post # 16
1015 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Super expensive!!! I am paying under $1000 for my six bridesmaids and me to have airbrushed makeup and our hair done. Including lashes, and the flower girl. They’re coming to us.

The topic ‘How much is professional hair & makeup costing you?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors