(Closed) How much is too much for BM hair & makeup?

posted 7 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
5670 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

I live in Boston so probably similiar in price points in regards to be a little on the expensive side. I paid $125 for each hair and makup for myself and for my BM’s, their hair was $60 and their makeup was $65.

Post # 4
10367 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

If I were your bridesmaid, I would either get my hair OR makeup done – I wouldn’t want to shell out for both. I’m comfortable doing my makeup for a formal event, so i’d likely just get my hair done.

Post # 5
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

We are paying approximately $100.00 for each girl for both hair and makeup and they are coming to us. And they are one of the top salons in our area. I think the price that you are being quoted is a little high, and I really don’t think your girls will want to pay that much.

Post # 6
7695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I think thats a little high. Why is the make up as much as the hair? I would try to get them down on that. I would not pay that much for someone else’s wedding. I would pay up to $100 for hair and up to $50 for make up – but I dont really see why BMs need to get their make up done because theyre most likely going to do their own make up for free anyways.

Post # 7
11325 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

That seems high to me because it is more than I paid for my hair and makeup (I paid $85 for my makeup which included false eyelashes and a trial) and 144 for my hair (put this included a trial, so really only 72 on the day of). I know Columbus isn’t like LA… but it still seems pretty high. But– I think you should go with whatever person you like best for YOUR hair and makeup and leave the rest up to your girls. As long as you’re not making them do it I don’t see a big problem if it is pricey. If I was your bridesmaid I’d probably opt to get my hair done and do my own makeup. 

Post # 8
3613 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

That is a little higher than the quotes I got but not too much.

I used Flawless Faces in OC and was very happy with their work : http://flawlessfaces.blogspot.com/ . All non-bride clients were $65 for hair and makeup each. I also initially had a contact with Design Visage who are featured on a TV show now, and they were charging $145 total for hair &makeup. (I do not personally recommend this vendor because I’m still pissed off at them for making me pay FULL amount, not just deposit, on a contract I cancelled two months in advance) .

Would you consider paying for hair or makeup for your girls as a gift or is that not in the budget? I paid for DH’s mom, aunt, sister (1.because they’re all broke and 2.as a gift for hosting my shower) and my Maid/Matron of Honor. I needed a minimum of 5 people for the makeup artist to come to the hotel and that was the only way I was going to have 5 people, by paying for it myself.

Post # 10
173 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@noritake22:  I’m in the Seattle area too, I would be interested to know which salon you are using?  Thanks!

Post # 11
5670 posts
Bee Keeper

If you can’t find anyone less expensive I would just explain this to your girls. Let them no that they certaintly do not have to get either service done but you wanted to give them the option if they would like. I personally wouldn’t spend that kind of money to get my makeup done for someone else’s wedding so as long as you don’t require it and just put the offer out there you girls should be okay with it.

Post # 12
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

most of the quotes I’ve gotten range from $60-$75 for bridesmaid hair and makeup

Post # 13
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

@Shooozy: I am using Salon Maison. I have already had my trials and the girl was awesome. She really listened to me and took her time to make sure that she did what I asked. There will be a couple changes on the wedding day, but the over all trials were just what I asked for. Here is a link to what she did for me. She came to me for the trials too, and I felt guilty for keeping her so long, otherwise she would have made the changes we talked about right then.

Post # 14
1810 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I got quoted $90 per person including hair and make up for my BM’s and myself. It’s a salon in Huntington Beach. I think she travels, but I’m sure she charges more for travelling. I haven’t gone to my trial yet, so I can’t tell you the quality though.

Post # 15
192 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

@Meowkers: I checked out your artists’ page, and I think that you could leave the option up to your BMs.  If some of them want to get it done by Yanabeauty, then include them in the ‘package’ that you sign up with the artists there.  Like you said about your previous experience for paying $130 was not ideal, and it was only 40 less than what your artists charge – you do get what you pay for, and it’s unlikely that you get more than what you pay for! The artists can demand that price because that’s the price their services are worth. Your artist can do every ethnicity beautifully~ and honestly, not all artist can! What will help you decide between this artist and another one, just open up their webpage side by side and compare the caliber of the work. If honestly the more expensive artists’ work is not better than the less expensive one, then you don’t need to overpay if the quality of work is the same.

fees differ by region~ the price in SoCal (where I got married and where I worked in the beginning) is very different from NorCal (where I work now~) so keep that in mind! Good luck! 

Post # 16
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I  am paying $75 for each of my bridesmaids hair. We are most likely going to do our own makeup, because I don’t like how other’s do my makeup and they don’t care if they do their own.

The topic ‘How much is too much for BM hair & makeup?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors