(Closed) How much is/was your Honeymoon Costing??

posted 12 years ago in Honeymoons
  • poll: How much is your Honeymoon Costing??
    0-$500 : (0 votes)
    $500-$1000 : (1 votes)
    2 %
    $1000-$2000 : (5 votes)
    10 %
    $2000-$3000 : (7 votes)
    14 %
    $3000-$4000 : (8 votes)
    16 %
    $4000-$5000 : (6 votes)
    12 %
    $5000-$6000 : (6 votes)
    12 %
    $6000+ : (17 votes)
    34 %
  • Post # 17
    135 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2009

believe it or not we won our honeymoon and didnt believe it. I was so excited and knew that we had to see how long we can hold it for lucky the travel agent said we can roll it over for this year!!! But we will be adding some extra days and go travel the West Coast a bit

Post # 18
    1041 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

MegK- where in SF are you staying??? I LOVE the W and Westin there. Love love love. I am thinking about getting a Starwoods card just so I can stay at the W there!

Post # 19
    100 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: January 2009

We went to Tahiti! we really wanted something off the beaten track and something that we knew we may never get to do again — it was PERFECT! my best friend worked for a hotel, so she was able to get us employee rates (WAY WAY WAY Less expensive than the normal prices).. which sealed the deal for us. Airline tickets were pricey — 4G for both of us…

and unfortunately, tahiti was SUPER expensive. they charge for everything there! so be aware! i did a lot of research before we went, but didn’t think it would be that expensive. with all the excursions and food our honeymoon probably topped $5,000. totally worth it though. 🙂

Post # 20
    813 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2020

@Miss Pinot- we’re doing Paris, the Venice, Rome and Sorrento! 🙂 

@LM- any advice for the Almafi coast? We are thinking of staying in Sorrento and then doing day trips to Positano and Capri

Post # 21
    141 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2009

Miss Burgundy – We’re staying at the Westin St. Francis. It looks really awesome and quite centrally located. I travelled every week for business for a while which is how I racked up so many points. I do love the Starwood program.

Post # 22
    2204 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2009

We’re going all out as well, although I think we’ve been doing a good job of planning, finding deals and using credit card rewards.

Our estimate for our ten day honeymoon to northern Italy is about $4,500

Post # 23
    221 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2009

I am really surprised so many people chose $6,000+! I have no clue what to do for a honeymoon but I definitely would love to spend that much.

Post # 24
    95 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: April 2008

@ BeachBride:  the Amalfi Coast is wonderful (as are the other places you are visiting).  We stayed Ravello, Positano, then we went to Capri for a week.  Sorrento is a good base to get around for day trips. We didn’t stay there- but my wedding planner said it was her favorite!

I think Positano is a great day trip: lunch on the sea, shopping, a bellini at the Sirenuse (for a honeymoon treat).

Capri is also fun, though I am glad we stayed for a while since it is packed with tourists during the day, so a bit slow to get around, also, it could be hard to do everything in one day comfortably- like blue grotto, lunch, funicular, window shopping (getting the famous capri sandals custom made for you), etc. But I saw a lot of people doing just that, so I guess it might be possible or you can choose what is most important for the two of you.

If you have specific questions, please feel free to write me.  I’m sure you will have an amazing honeymoon!  

Post # 25
    778 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2009

I"m going to Italy too!  Milan, Venice, Florence, Amalfi, Rome, with day trips to Pisa, Tivoli, Naples/Pompeii.  We are splurging but at this point we felt it was once in a lifetime for us.  We are looking at over $10K

Post # 26
    103 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2009

We’re going to an all inclusive resort and got a great deal because the economy is so bad!

Post # 27
    195 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: January 2010

My FH and I are very fortunate.  Our honeymoon is going to cost between $1,000-$2,000.  We are staying at a hotel in Playa del Carmen, Mexico where we were offered a FABULOUS time share to use!  All we have to pay for are our flights and food!  I am a Mexico lover, I lived there for awhile so I can’t think of anywhere more romantic and relaxing after our wedding!

Look into time shares if you are interested in saving money.  Especially if you can find an all-inclusive one! Ours is not, but I am still very excited!!!!

The topic ‘How much is/was your Honeymoon Costing??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors