Post # 1
Hi married bees!
Curious as to how long you scheduled/ how long it took for your wedding day photo shoot. Post wedding day photos please! This is a spinoff from a thread asking about what time ceremonies started. I am curious as to how much time one should allocate for photography, whether it depends on if you are going to a few different locations, type of photography, etc etc.
Post # 3
I’m a wedding photographer myself, and here’s the timeline I advocate for many brides right from my website:
- Ladies’ prep and details-1.5 hrs
- Posed bride, bridesmaids, and immediate family, dressed and ready-1 hour
- Posed groom, groomsmen, and immediate family, dressed and ready-1 hour
- First look, bride and groom formals, bridal party-1 hour
- Extended family formals-45 minutes
- Optional secondary photography location/cocktail hour-45 minutes
- Reception-2.5 hours (work with your DJ to insure all important events are completed prior to photography end time)
Don’t forget to allot time for travel between all of the locations, time for running a bit late, traffic, time for a receiving line if having one, everything!
Also keep in mind your sunset time, after which natural light photos will not be possible.
Post # 4
This question is really one that has so many variables involved that it’s going to be hard to get good advice that universally would apply to all circumstances. The best thing I would say to do is communicate with your photographer as soon as possible about your itinerary and find out how much time they would ideally like to accomplish what you’d like. The more you want photos, the more time you are going to need to set aside for them.
Post # 5
Communicating with your photgrapher only works if they tell you more than “i need 45 minutes for everything”! I’m a bit worried about this and scheduled a good 1 hour 30 minutes anyway.