(Closed) How much was your husband's wedding band?

posted 9 years ago in Rings
  • poll: How much did your male counterpart's wedding band cost?
    Less than $50 : (46 votes)
    13 %
    $50 - $100 : (31 votes)
    9 %
    $100 - $200 : (32 votes)
    9 %
    $200 - $300 : (48 votes)
    14 %
    $300 - $500 : (58 votes)
    17 %
    More than $500 : (133 votes)
    38 %
  • Post # 47
    704 posts
    Busy bee

We got my husband a 7mm brushed titanium ring that we love for $30 (plus shipping). We’re super happy with it: 

Post # 48
    2585 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 2011 - Midland, TX

Well his very first ring was $299 from Zales…but he lost it…so after that I just keep buying one of ebay for $20 or so (he is on his 5th ring).

Zales:

Ebay:

Post # 50
    3879 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

The ring he chose was tungsten carbide and was just a little over $100 with tax. He wanted simple and sturdy. No diamonds, no gold.

I paid for his ring, he didn’t.

Post # 51
    2585 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 2011 - Midland, TX

@MrNavidson:  I really want to do that actually. I would have to do it in secret though because he really does get upset everytime he loses one..lol

Post # 52
    2536 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

$25 for the tungsten ring, but I did pay an additional fee for engraving.  I think it was $60 total.

Post # 53
    1116 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

My husband’s ring was right around $25.  It’s gold plated tungsten.  I was wary of getting a gold plated ring because I was afraid it would chip, scratch or wear off.  But he’s been wearing that ring for a year and there is not a single scratch on it.  It looks great.  He is very happy with the ring.

Post # 54
    995 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

FI’s ring is solid gold, two tone gold: white gold, engraved in a matching celtic knotwork that matches my e-ring and future wedding band), with 2mm yellow gold bands on either side (the yellow gold matches my FI’s claddagh ring from his father). It’s a custom peice, and I think it was just shy of $1500. But he deserves someting beautiful too: and his hands are BIG, so the cost is mostly the gold.

Post # 55
    2831 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I had picked him out a $3k band, but he refused to spend basically anything on it.  It was $39.99 on Amazon – black Tungsten Carbide. 

Post # 56
    80 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

My fiance is a materials engineer so I found this custom ring through a vendor on etsy with lots of materials in it: 8mm domed ring, Yellow gold inset, “perfect” gibeon meteorite set in titanium.

The base was $699 for the ring in the picture;

$10 for a sizer;

$35 for engraving;

$250 bump for the price of gold (at the time);

$150 for a “perfect” meteorite (saw what an “imperfect” one looks like thought it was worth it;

So all totaled: $1145USD

Which, in the grand scheme after what he spent on mine is not that big a deal.

Post # 59
    450 posts
    Helper bee

@goodgenie:  +1. I agree that my new hubby to be deserves the ring that he wants cause I got the one that I want. Price didn’t matter to me. 

Post # 60
    1032 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

We haven’t bought yet, but we are planning on doing the meteorite ring (the one I’m looking at is about $500). He’s ageologist, and, so long as everything goes according to plan, will be doing planetary science in grad school.

Mine will cost less than his 😀

Post # 61
    80 posts
    Worker bee

@MrNavidson:  That is a honest-to-goodness meteorite. The artist also does wood and antler inlays: http://www.etsy.com/shop/jewelrybyjohan I showed the site to the fiance, and he was so geeked out. AND! Gibeon meteorite is fairly rust-resistant as far as they go. Not rust proof, it takes a little work.

The topic ‘How much was your husband's wedding band?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors