(Closed) how on earth to deposit checks with a british citizen for a hubby??

posted 8 years ago in Money
Post # 3
3871 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Did you try calling your bank?  They might be able to suggest some things you can do.  I’m sure if you show your marriage license to your bank, they’ll deposit your checks for you.

Post # 4
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

Check with your bank. Go in and talk to an account representative. If you have a long standing relationship, they may be willing/able to work with you, so that he can sign the checks over to you and you can deposit them to your account. If they can’t do that due to all of the regulations that have gone into effect since 9/11, they can probably give you another option.

Post # 5
2790 posts
Sugar bee

I work at a bank. I would ask that the two of you come in together. That you have him sign each of the checks first and then you sign after him showing you are the last owner of the check. I think bringing in his ID and your marriage certificate would be a great idea. Be wary of having your guests write them out to Mr. and Mrs. His Last Name. Some banks have been known to not accept checks written like that if you have not or will not be changing your name. Possibly have your family spread the wording of how you would like the check written out.

The way we take checks is if they are written to Jane & Jon Doe we HAVE to have both signatures and if he is not on the account we like to see that he is ok with having the check placed in your account. If the check says Jane or Jon Doe, Jane Doe Jon Doe or some other variation only you would technically need to sign it. If that makes sense.

The topic ‘how on earth to deposit checks with a british citizen for a hubby??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors