(Closed) How Reliable Are 10-Day Forecasts?

posted 7 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
Member
5977 posts
Bee Keeper

The 10 day forecasts around here change like there’s no tomorrow. I think my 10 day forecast looked like this. My wedding day was sunny, high of 70. So don’t put too much stock into this until it’s about 3 days before…

Post # 4
Member
4355 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

That much rain forcasted BEFORE your day can be a good thing, as long as they are right and it rains.. but everyday that they predict to be rain, that doesn’t pushes your chances for bad weather.

Just remember either way, your day will be awesome! I’m crossing my fingers for you.

Post # 5
Member
1664 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

10 day forecasts are really inaccurate.  I’m not just saying that.  You could check to see if a front is moving in that would cause a lot of rain, but even then, sometimes the weather predictions are off by 1-2 days.

Post # 6
Member
168 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I have been flipping out over the 10-day, and it keeps changing every 5 minutes!  Don’t even look at it until 5 days before, and really only pay attention 2 days before.

 

Post # 7
Member
1398 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

From what I remember of my meteorology class in college, the professor said you can only “predict” the weather for 2-3 days out.  I use the term predict loosely, because even then, it can be incorrect.  Don’t fret!  Hopefully it will work out!

Post # 9
Member
767 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

You’ll see that Friday has a 60% chance of precepitation while Saturday is only 30%, which means that the storm front is moving out east which means by Sunday you should be fine!

Post # 11
Member
767 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@MrsMaine: I think you’re good!  Besides, 60% chance of rain means there is 60% chance that rain will actually occur and how can they predict that so far in advance?  With the large amounts of rain and storming ahead of your wedding, I’d say the front will be moved out.

Post # 12
Member
2313 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

My Future Father-In-Law says being a meteorologist is the only job where you can be wrong 50% of the time and still keep your job. Take em with a grain of salt! Weather can change so quickly.

Post # 13
Member
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Not very reliable around here. I would wait until a little closer when you can actually see it on the radar. One of the biggest winter storms of the winter was no where on our forecast. No one knew until we were in the middle of it that it was going to be big. And I’m pretty sure the forcast said no snow for a few days.

Post # 14
Member
3564 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Very unreliable!! The weeks before my wedding, it went from a 70% chance of rain, to a 60% chance of thunderstorm, and I think there was a 40% chance of rain for my wedding day when I checked two days before. My actual wedding day? Warm, kind of humid, sunny, and no rain at all. Try not to check until a day or two before, and also try accuweather.com. I find that it’s more reliable than weather.com.

 

Post # 15
Member
255 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Not at all reliable!  I tell my brides not to even bother looking at the weather until the day before the wedding.  Even so, the weather will ALWAYS forecast rain even if there is a tiny chance of it.  Bottom line…it changes right up until the hour.  🙂  Don’t stress about it!  🙂

 

The topic ‘How Reliable Are 10-Day Forecasts?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors