Post # 1
Hello. I need som help from my fellow bees!
I let my girls each pick their own dress, because I don’t really like matching and I have very different bridesmaids (and 2 bridesguys, but we won’t go into that). I just told them they had to be yellow, knee lengthish, not shiny fabric, with no bling. Here is what they have picked:
Maid/Matron of Honor:
Bridesmaid 1: (blue dress in yellow color)
I’m now trying to figure out
- What color shoes? Since it’s all on grass they’re going to need to be flats or wedges but I don’t know about a color – beige, white, orange (the wedding accent color), silver, something else?
- What about jewelry? I really don’t care about this at all, other than disliking anything super big or blingy. Should I just tell them to wear whatever they want that isn’t big/blingy? Of note, I am thinking about making them scrabble tile necklaces, but I don’t know if those will go with all the dresses.
Post # 3
I think nude would look amazing, I wanted very similarly dresses for ,y bridesmaids too! Nude dresses with very dainty silver jewellery, if you are UK PastTimes do some beautiful antique style jewellery. Urban Outfitters is good for non-blingy, subtly yet uniqueish jewellery. Maybe match it to yoflowers too too? Daisy earrings could be cute with the colours!
Post # 4
I would ask them to wear nude shoes, but keep in mind there are many different colors called nude. What is nude on a pale redheaded Caucasion is not nude on an African American woman.
Find a paint chip in the color of nude you want and ask them to find shoes in that color.
Post # 5
@julies1949: Good point! Tell them “beige” or “sandstone”
and I agree with daisy earrings. Daisy or pearls would look good with that yellow.
Post # 6
@JenGirl: I think silver shoes would add a nice pop to those dresses. Nude/tan is sort of darker yellow, so although it wouldn’t look bad, it could be kind of bland. Plus, silver jewelry with silver shoes would look really pretty. In terms of jewerly, I think you should specify what you’d like the ladies to wear. They all got to pick their own dresses, and that’s the most important part. They shouldn’t mind a little more direction with the jewelry. I think because the dresses are all different, having a unifying item — like a particular necklace — could be a nice, though subtle way, of bringing the ladies’ various looks together.
Post # 7
They are grown ladies and can accessorize themselves. You have so many bigger things to worry about than what shoes or accessories they are wearing. Pick a color shoe and let them worry about it. I don’t know how good “nude” would look with yellow. A metallic Champagne (which would be similar to your silver choice) might work better.
If you want their jewelry to coordinate, pick a style (pearls, rhinestones, silver, gold, etc) and have them wear jewelry in that style.
Post # 8
@smealeys: Thanks – the flowers are actually made of book paper so they look kind of creamy or light grey from a distance. Also the guys are wearing grey pants and vests.
@julies1949: Thanks! I’m leaning toward telling them “nude/beige/cream” and if they’re different shades I think that would be fine. For their dresses I just said “yellow” and they turned out okay – hopefully the shoes will work too!
@Liss13: I like the idea of daisy but I’m afraid that might be a bit hard for them to find. I think I’m leaning toards “small silver jewelry”
@Anise: I am, indeed, trying to pick a color and let them worry about it. That’s pretty much what this post is about. Thanks for your vote on color! Same with jewelry – I’m trying to pick that style. Definately not rhinestones, and I think pearls would be a bit formal for my backyard wedding, so I guess I’m considering silver.
@riakd: My only concern with a unifying necklace is that the necklines of the dresses are all so differnt I don’t know that I would even wear a necklace with my MOH’s dress.
So I think my plan will be as follows:
- Ask them to find comfortable Beige/nude/cream flats or wedges
- If they would like a necklace or bracelet – anything small and silver is fine.
- Make them each a pair of origami crane earrings our of book paper. This will tie in with the bouquets, which are made of book paper. It will tie in with the wedding decorations (we’re folding 1000 paper cranes for good luck). It will give them a unified look. And I can incorporate the wedding colors in the beads (orange and yellow).
What do you think?