(Closed) How should I spend $1000 of “fun” money on our reception?

posted 9 years ago in Reception
Post # 17
1166 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

If you’re having an evening wedding, how about bringing in a late-night treat? For example, toward the end of the evening, you could have an ice cream truck show up. 

Post # 18
2142 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I like the ice cream truck idea that

View original reply
NotYourTypicalBride: suggested. Though I would see if they had lactose free options for those who might have issues with it.

Post # 19
1166 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Oh, and instead of a real photo booth, I like the idea of setting up a “faux-to booth” – just an interesting backdrop and some props. With your theme, you could use a vintage fabric backdrop and old-fashioned hats and accessories as props. I loved ours, and so did our guests! (We had a tropical theme, and we set it up in a tiki hut that already existed on the property.)

Post # 20
340 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Our photobooth was a HUGE hit! I highly recommend!

Post # 21
2116 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Hmmm.. I like the gelato bar idea but if you want to get away from food maybe some different entertainment? I can’t really think of anything with your theme but maybe you can haha, all my ideas are circusy like fire jugglers or something

Post # 22
1062 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
@bRooklynRocks: Thats true, I havnt thought about that! Maybe we wont get one, I want everyone dancing and making it about us instead of hanging around the photobooth.

Post # 23
5992 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

as you mentioned geek friends from college – my first thought was having some retro 80’s arcade games set up (packman or space invaders are my first thought) because i know thats something my hubby would love

otherwise a special food treat for the end of the night totally gets my vote

Post # 25
2738 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@MrsBoomBoom: Ugh, I’m so torn about this. I’d hate for everyone to be in line instead of in the same room as we are dancing and having fun.

View original reply
@efl21: You could also do something like this. A blogger bee did and she intimated that it was a huge hit!

Post # 26
1325 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Do a faux-to-booth and rent an ice cream truck for your guests! =)

Post # 27
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

A cigar roller . photobooth, caricaturists!!

Post # 28
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

fresh cotton candy! Or I like the idea of sending guests home with a goody for the way home, like milkshakes, hot cocoa, warm cookies, etc.

Post # 29
297 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@artlover: oh cotton candy would be awesome and milkshakes too!

Post # 30
214 posts
Helper bee

We are doing a photo booth (they aren’t common here yet) but are building a photobooth “wall”.

Post # 31
214 posts
Helper bee

Also Chinese Send-Off Lanterns (Think Tangled) would be absolutely breath-taking…trying to find out how I can swing them at my own wedding! I first saw them while Fiance and I were vacationing in Jamaica. A couple was getting married and sent them off over the ocean. Every guest on the resort stopped to stare at them and wonder what they were. They were beautiful.

The topic ‘How should I spend $1000 of “fun” money on our reception?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors