(Closed) How to address to an engaged couple with a child

posted 6 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
480 posts
Helper bee

I think inner envelopes are a waste too.

Are they both your friends? Or was it a girlfriend who got engaged (or vice versa?)

I have that issue with my brother and his gf and their two kids… Even though they’re not engaged, but I know they’re in it for the long haul, I just address anything to them as “Brother & Girlfriend & Family” or just “Brother & Family” and assume that they know I consider the Girlfriend family. I have no clue on the etiquette of this though. 

Post # 4
1835 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012 - Oak Tree Manor

1) All of the families we invited I addressed as “The Smith Family” instead of writing out names on the envelopes. I don’t think that’s too big a deal, if they already have a kid together. Use the man’s last name.

2) No, I totally don’t think inner envelopes are required. To me they’re a waste of paper – they inevitably end up in the trash or recycling bin. Save the money and effort for something else! We went to 5 weddings last year, and I think only 1 invitation came with an inner envelope.

Post # 5
669 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

You can write Mr X and Mrs Y and Child’s name

Post # 7
1328 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I did my Save-The-Date Cards very cause, didn’t even use Mr/Mrs/Miss.  For ones like that I would do “Jane Smith & Bob Jones & Family” or “Jane Smith, Bob Jones, & Kid Jones”.

The topic ‘How to address to an engaged couple with a child’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors