Post # 1
My Fiance is extremely traditional when it comes to not seeing me in my dress until I am walking down the aisle. However, with the timing of our ceremony and reception (and after stalking all sorts of wedding blogs that tell me that I should), I am thinking a ‘first look’ would be great for us and our ability to join the party!
Does anyone have any advice on how to convince him we should do one? Or a story to convince me that going the traditional route is just as awesome? 🙂
Post # 3
What time are your ceremony and reception? Are they at the same location? We are having out girl/guy only pictures taken before the ceremony. We don’t want to see each other before the ceremony, so this is going to save us lots of time.
Post # 4
We’re doing something similar to PrincessDiva. We’re doing our girls/guys pics separately before the ceremony so that there will be way less pictures to take after the ceremony and we can keep it traditional.
Post # 5
My ceremony is at 5PM and the Reception is immediately following. At the same venue. 🙂
Post # 6
Well, we have the exact same thing going on. Both our ceremony and reception are at the same place. Our ceremony is starting at 6PM. Can you get the guy/girl pics done early and out of the way, so that you have less pics to take afterwards?
Post # 7
This is how I convinced both myself and him:
1. I will be a nervous wreck. It will be a complete moment of peace and calmness to see him for the first time ALONE instead of in front of 200 people. It will make walking down the aisle much easier for me.
2. Intimacy. That first moment together alone is going to be way better than any aisle moment I could imagine.
3. Time. Definitely. Photos out of the way is such a huge thing.
4. I think (don’t quote me on this, just what I told him LOL) that the tradition of the groom not seeing his bride stems from arranged marriages, so no greatness there.
5. The rest of the night we will be aboslutely surrounded by friends and family. This will be OUR time together for the day and evening.
See here http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/first-lookmight-be-considering-it-need-opinions
Post # 8
I convinced my Fiance to do a first look by telling him how romantic it will be. I told him that if he didn’t see me till the church, he wouldn’t be able to privately talk to me or kiss me for a very long time. He quickly got on board with the fact that he’d have some very special, romantic time with me when we see each other for the first time….that doesn’t happen in a church in front of family and friends.