- 4 years ago
- Wedding: November 2011
I had posted about DH’s coworker “Sue” that had/has a crush on him and how I thought the feeling was mutual. After DH/I had a long talk and he’s trying to show that he meant no harm, thought she was cool, maybe she took it the wrong way, etc. In order to deal with this issue, we’ve been communicating more…he tells me anything that might be a potential problem.
1) After the first company picnic, I’ve seen her once at a company dinner w/the boss. She didn’t talk to us but continued to give me dirty looks and ran out the door once it was over. She seemed visibly upset.
2) She was working at DH’s former site but started going to his current one once a week. In all fairness, it’s a LONG drive and her Darling Husband works there too so I didn’t let it bother me.
3) She’s now working at DH’s site 2 times a week. Sitting right next to him and 2 other guys….basically took an empty desk used as storage so she could sit there. Since Darling Husband has refused to talk to her about personal stuff, she’s taken to flirting w/the other married guys.
4) She sent him a FB request. I knew it was coming as she’s FB friends w/FIL since she works w/him. I told Darling Husband to accept it b/c she is the ONLY one of his coworkers he’s not friends with. She’s never commented, liked, posted about any of his stuff btw.
5) I called Darling Husband yesterday at work and it’s obvious he’s on the phone with me…then I heard her in the background. No biggie but that night, Darling Husband mentioned it was weird that she suddenly got SOOO loud when he was on the phone w/me…like trying to make her presence known.
6) I work on the same base, basically a resale store for the community. Darling Husband comes to visit me all the time sometimes w/his male coworker. The coworker asked her if she wanted to go and she turned up her nose and made a comment about how she will NEVER set foot in a store like that…btw, she KNOWS I work there.
7) Here’s the kicker…Father-In-Law tells Darling Husband today that Sue was talking with another female about the store. Talking all sorts of crap and how gross it was that people are actually buying “used” items. I’m not sure if she knows that FIL’s wife (SMIL) is helping at the store. Father-In-Law was pretty pissed (but didn’t say anything to her) and thought it was weird since she knows I work there. By The Way Father-In-Law doesn’t know about the crush but said she was looking at him while making the comments.
Now Sue has once again scheduled a HH this week. We skipped the last one b/c of how she acted the first 2 times I was around her. But the HH is a going away for our good friend so we’ll more than likely go.
I have no idea how to approach this? Make small talk with her? NO talk? Darling Husband has told me that she obviously is intimidated by me…probably b/c she still likes him.