Post # 17
@luluvohn: Your closest friends are Carl and Wawa sentence made me laugh out loud!!! I totally know that feeling! I was friends with the lunch man downstairs in the cafe. He had to be atleast 60 years old!! but he always said hi and made conversation with me and was sad when I changed jobs.
Post # 18
I’m about to be in the same boat in a few months when I move to another state to live with my Fiance. We’ll both be away from our families, though one friend I think has decided to move to the area as well. Fiance has been there by himself for about 6 months and really keeps to himself. I’m subscribing to this topic so I can maybe get ideas and be ready to make new friends when I get up there!
Post # 19
Have you considered going to the YMCA for fitness classes. I went there for water aerobics and thats how I have gotten to know people.
Post # 20
I 2nd …
Its a great way to meet people who could be friends. I used it to make some friends in Mexico where I live now. Ya! Mexico!
Otherwise I was going to suggest:
- any type of exercise class that you go to regular
- a community college exercise class
- a community college art class (take it for credit/ no credit)
- anything to do with dogs if you have one (dog training, dog parks, etc.)
- some type of community center event or class