- 6 years ago
- Wedding: July 2011
I’m feeling super sad right now and wondering if anyone has any helpful advice or suggestions. We got married on July 7th – I’m so thrilled to be married to the love of my life. But so many things went wrong. I woke up the morning after the wedding and momentarily thought it was another pre-wedding bad dream. I cried when I realized it wasn’t.
I’m having a hard time having fond memories of the wedding. Everytime I think about it or something reminds me of it, I get this ache in my heart.
The things that went wrong weren’t trivial little things… They were things like:
* The lead musician couldn’t find our father-daughter dance song so we had to skip it…
* The lead musician got mixed up and played the recessional rather than the bridal march… So I had to walk down the aisle with my Dad to the recessional. 🙁
* He got mixed up again and put the bridal march instead of the recessional after the ceremony, so we walked out to that.
* The pastor forgot about my dad’s blessing during the ceremony. My dad had prepared a special prayer for us… 🙁
* We paid the band for 7 hours – they played no more than 15 minutes for each of those hours. They often didn’t put background music on when they weren’t playing so it was silence. Or they’d go through songs on a CD letting each play for a few seconds then skipping to the next.
* We rented 20 blue lights from our florist. The florist told us that any less than 20 would look bad in our venue, so we paid for 20. They only delivered 10, two of which were burned out. Many of our decorations were plain white because the blue lighting was supposed to give them color.
* Because the musicians started everything so late, we were late going to get photos taken. When we got to the limousine the driver said we only had 10 minutes remaining and refused to drive until we paid an additional hour. We had to dig through pockets and even rip open cards that we had just received to search for cash. 🙁
* My husband’s mom refused to sit in her spot at the head table. My husband had her empty chair next to him the whole time.
* 7 of our 21 tables were empty. People just didn’t show up…
So like I said, I’m just sad. I’m happy to be married and I know that’s what counts. But I wish it wouldn’t make me so sad to remember what I thought would be the happiest day of my life.
Anyone else dealt with this? Any suggestions on how to move on, heal the hurt, and try to just remember with happiness?