How to find perfect CHEAP-under $500- wedding dress-my experience with PICS!

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
36 posts
Newbee

Thank you so much for this post! I’ve been looking for something like this. <3

Post # 4
555 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

I totally agree with everything you’ve said! I’m really glad that I was able to find my dress at David’s Bridal for less than $500. I saw it on the mannequin but thought it was out of my price range like all the other ones on the mannequin that I was falling in love with. My dress definitely looks more expensive than what it is and the best part is that it fit me perfectly and I won’t need any alterations. Just have to be patient and keep an eye out! 

Post # 5
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

metonthedancefloor :  hey! I’m also from Vancouver and have similar measurements. I was looking on 1861 for dresses more generally (not a wedding dress, already have it) and I was curious would you be able to post any pictures you have of what the dresses look like on? Curious to see pictures of 1861 on a real person! I thought it was interesting that with a 28 waist we are virtually the largest size in most of the dresses there. 

Post # 8
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

metonthedancefloor :  thanks that’s super helpful. It’s so easy to get sucked in – the dresses look so good on the website! But it’s good to know the quality is xheap. I’m always afraid of online shopping because I’m not the kind of person that likes shipping stuff back at all so I’ll stay away 

Post # 9
230 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

Giblets :  Not to disagree with OP, but I got a dress from 1861 and I really like it. It was a risk though because I have zero budget for a dress really, and postage cost plus import fee (35 UK fee) were as much as the dress itself. It’s just a lace short dress which is what I was after for my beach party reception, I didn’t try any of the ‘wedding’ dresses. (It looks a bit crumpled in pics, it had been sent from Canada to UK, stayed at my mums house a few days, then repackaged and shipped to me in Thailand!)

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors