(Closed) How to help someone who doesn't want help? Long!

posted 5 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
957 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

@lolita39:  talk to a family lawyer about your options to get custody. They can give you the advice you need. 

Post # 5
1774 posts
Buzzing bee

I would get a second opinion.


Also, what does your sister think/say? I know it’s a while off from her opinion counting a lot, but they do listen to the children SOME in court.


Also, can you teach your sister your phone number by heart so that in case she’s taken she can call you for help in secret? I know she’s young, but it may be a good idea, just in general.

Post # 6
9954 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

Crazy people… well they be crazy and in reality there is LITTLE YOU CAN DO ABOUT THEM

(I also have a cra-cra relative)


As long as they are not causing HARM to themselves or others.

Your Dad is a Father…

He has legal custody & responsibility for your Little Sister

He is being CRAZY and it is effecting her well being

You need to build a case so someone who is mentally normal can get Custody

The Flash Drive, I assume can prove part of that case… so lock it up safe & sound.

Drug Use etc will also be HUGE for the Courts / Child Services etc.

You need to find a way that he is caught… and by that I mean arrested.


But building a case is going to be a series of THINGS against him not just one.

I’d talk to a Family Lawyer… tell them all that you’ve told us here.

Let them help you build the case and a strategy on how to get all your ducks in a row to go forward with Custody

Someone will care… you just need to find the right person, and give them the right info.

(It might mean for example hiring a Private Eye etc)… BUT as I said if you have enough proof for your case, the courts will have to listen

They tend to take the Protection of a child very seriously… obviously you are a more established upstanding person than either her Mother or Father at this point in time.

I am sending prayers & good vibes your way… and hopefully other Bees will too.  So that this can happen for you sooner than later.  Your Little Sister needs it… you are her Guardian Angel, and she needs very much to be in your care.

(( HUGS ))


Post # 8
9954 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

To @lolita39:  Ya, start looking for a Family Lawyer you can trust / feel comfy with.  Get their advice & guidance on the issue.

That is WHERE I WOULD START (don’t strike off on your own).  Have someone in your corner first !!

As I say, THEY might be the ones to hook you up with a reliable Private Eye who has experience in such matters for Child Custody Cases / Family Courts.

The Courts usually don’t care what one does on their own to themselves… but if he is rather crazy (dillusional… aliens, comet, end of the world… ala Hale-Bopp Comet) and doing dope, and a Parent with custody of a minor… especially one under 14, 15, 16… I would think they’ll care a lot

Plus the US takes drug stuff a lot more seriously than other countries… so assuming you are a US Bee that will weigh in your favour in this particular situation

(( HUGS ))


Post # 9
1774 posts
Buzzing bee

@lolita39:  Children are suprisingly good at learning. I know she’s young, but maybe teach her in a song or something to help her remember? Her grandmother’s address might be a good idea too.


How does she feel about our father? If someone asked, what would she say?

The topic ‘How to help someone who doesn't want help? Long!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors