- 7 years ago
- Wedding: December 2012
We all have those really poopy waiting days where you get very frustrated and impatient, and perhaps we tend to get a little snappy. But then you realize that by staying busy and doing things you enjoy, it can really help you refocus your attention and put you in a better mood.
I want to know the following TWO things: what do you love to do to keep you happy and busy, and what hobbies would you like to pick up to help ease the frustration of waiting? I hope this ends up being a great idea thread for suggestions so you ladies can pick up and try a few new things! I’ll start:
Things I’ve Been Doing:
1. TWB (of course) — but instead of creating new threads all the time about my relationship and my frustrations of waiting, I post on other waiting bees’ threads for some light on the situation they’re in. You ladies are why a lot of us STAY here on TWB! Remember to always leave your mind and heart open to your fellow bees!
2. Job hunting — it’s extremely unexciting, but remembering that my contribution will help Mr. Beary’s future with me go more smoothly makes the looking less boring.
3. Gathering recipes — I was never one to cook, I just never took to it. My mother was a WONDERFUL cook, and ever since I knew I wanted to marry my SO, this weird instinct to want to cook has been kickin’ in! I’ve been browsing for breakfast, dinner, dessert, and snack recipes.
4. Playing video games — I am such a nerd! But leveling up sure does make the time go by. . .
5. Cleaning house — Mr. Beary likes coming home to freshly changed sheets and a nice candle burning. Who doesn’t?!
6. House decoration shopping — ohhh what I’d do with a good fistful of money and a shopping spree to Bed, Bath & Beyond!
7. Watching We T.V. for their Sunday wedding marathons!
Things I’d Like to Pick Up:
1. More reading! — I adore reading, and I’ve got a Kindle with some good books on it. I heard “The Hunger Games” is a wonderful series. I’m open to any and all suggestions!
2. Journal writing — I think that a lot of my waiting frustrations come from not being able to talk to a woman who I am close to whenever I need. I left my mother and best friend behind when I moved a state away with my SO.
3. Drawing and painting — I would like to improve my technique! Perhaps I’ll ask for an art set instead of an e-ring for my upcoming birthday. Gah, I know! I’m TRYING my hardest to not concentrate on the e-ring stuff! (We’re unofficially officially engaged, so the waiting seems like it just drags on for. ev. er.) Hmm, pastels would be fun. . .
4. MORE SPA DAYS! — nails, hair, facials. Sounds like a plan to me. : )