- 6 years ago
- Wedding: June 2013
My fiance is not very wedding oriented. For a long time he never thought he’d get married so he never really dreamed of his wedding day – as I imagine most men don’t. Because of this, he’s rather uninterested in the wedding planning and doesn’t really care about the fine details. He helped me pick the venue, caterer, music, etc, but everything else was up to me. This is FINE with me, but I worry that when the day comes he won’t feel as though he was reflected in the wedding at all.
What are some fun ways I can show his likes and personality in the wedding and let him know I was thinking of him during the planning/on the day of? I’ve included some helpful pieces of information but let me know if you need more!
Venue: a mansion built in 1894
“Theme”: formal/vintage, as the house is already fully decorate to match the time it was built
Colors: turquoise, ivory and soft orange/peach, but as the house is very ornate these colors don’t show up very often
GROOM’S JOB: software developer/computer programmer
- cars – owned a Subaru Impreza WRX and LOVED it, was very depressed when he had to sell it; knows a LOT about cars, can work on them competently
- cooking – loves to try new recipes, already has lots of cookbooks and cooking supplies, also loves COFFEE (self-proclaimed “coffee snob”)
- general “geekery” – loves Back to the Future movies, Star Wars, LOTR, plays lots of online video games like Sid Meier’s Civilization
- some favorite TV shows are Big Bang Theory and Game of Thrones
- some favorite music is Metallica, Black Keys, Silversun Pickups, Red Hot Chili Peppers
He won’t be wearing a shirt that requires cufflinks, unfortunately, so that idea is out.
Any suggestions are quite welcome! Thanks!
ETA: I also need wedding day gift ideas!