- 8 years ago
- Wedding: October 2011
Who paid for it?
Who paid for it?
My parents gave us about 70% of our total budget and Fiance and I are covering the rest + honeymoon and rehearsal dinner
Wedding was $11,500 (not including honeymoon or rings). FI’s mom gave us $2,500 for the reception and also paid for the rehearsal dinner – we paid for the rest. My parents gave us $1,000 after the wedding.
Our wedding was 13000 including rings. We didn’t go on a honeymoon. We paid for it ourselves except for a 3000 gift given to us by my parents.
our wedding cost $36K. We paid 17K. My mom paid 12K. and his parents paid 7K. We paid for all of it in cash – no debt.
My parents have been very generous and are paying for the wedding. We’re covering a few little pieces that I would never ask them to pay for, like rings, bridal party gifts, our hotel suite, etc. And we’re paying for our honeymoon.
We paid for 90% of things and paid all cash. THe only things worth going into debt is a home and education (well, this is our opinion) 😀
Fiance and I are paying for almost everything in cash (though as we get down in crunch time, we may need to put a little bit onto our credit cards, but it will be little enough that we’ll be able to pay it off in two months at the very most).
My parents are paying for our honeymoon, the DJ, everything having to do with their guests (who we wouldn’t invite otherwise), and the Out of Town bags (which my mom heard of and decided she absolutely had to do). They’ve also donated a bit toward decor.
FI’s parents are paying for the use of the church and for the rehearsal dinner.
We paid for 75-80% of the wedding and our families contributed 20-25% (we paid an even larger percentage if rings are included in the overall budget). Everything was paid for in cash without touching the accounts that are earmarked for other savings endeavors and expenses. We could have paid for everything ourselves, but there were a few things that my parents asked permission to pay for. My Dad keeps telling me I let him off the hook, and insists upon buying us a big ticket item when we move into our forever home in a few months. It was extremely important that the wedding not create a penny of debt for anyone, and that it not compromise our other financial goals. Mission accomplished. 🙂
our wedding was around 18k and my parents paid for all of it with the exception of the church fee’s and his parents hosted the rehearsal dinner.
we bought my dress, our rings, we paid the church fees which was a few hundred dollars plus the flight for our officiant (my husbands uncle) and our honeymoon.
Fiance and I are paying for most of it with a small bit of help from my grandparents on the catering. Were definitely going into dept as we live paycheck to paycheck but he wanted a wedding because he was married before and had regrets afterwards for skipping a wedding. I definitely want a wedding too so were just making it work the best we can… so far were about half paid off with everything and no dept but we oew a good $5 or $6K on the rest and that will have to be paid for with a loan. Thankfully our honeymoon will be paid for with his tax retun =D
Our wedding is going to be a little over 20K (considered cheap around here, my brain almost exploded when I started looking at prices). My parents and grandmother generously paid for about 40% of that. Fiance and I paid for most in cash, but I had to put about $3K on a credit card to make up the balance.
My father lost his job a few months ago after he had promised to give me a certain amount of money for the wedding. He had already given me some, but I couldn’t take the rest of that money from him in good conscience. We had already signed contracts and sent out invites, so I put a little on a card. It should get paid off with our tax return so I’m not losing sleep over it.
I took extra work in 2010 and saved up our 3k budget in cash. Fiance is paying for his air ticket, our rings and his suit etc with his contract bonus so unless he messed up on his end no debt 🙂
Darling Husband and I paid for about 60% in cash, if you include honeymoon and not the engagement ring.
My parents gave about 30%, his parents gave about 10%
My parents are paying for 25% of the total budget. Fiance and I are paying for the remaining 75% ourselves, in cash. I refuse to go into debt for the wedding. If we don’t have the cash, we don’t need it! lol
The topic ‘How was your wedding paid for? (spinoff)’ is closed to new replies.