Post # 1
Hello, Bees! I’m wondering a few things about your dresses:
1) How would you describe your dress? Any type of description you can think of is awesome.
2) How does your dress make you feel? Did you have any reservations about the style before you tried it on?
And just for kicks, 3) A picture of your dress.
Let’s share these beauties!
1) I’d describe by dress as retro, vibrant, and sophisticated.
2) I feel like a bombshell when I wear this dress. I’m pear-shaped, so I was VERY unsure about this style because it’s so clingy in the hips and butt area–but when I tried it on, I felt so fabulous. I actually had that “OMG, it’s The One,” moment.
3) I finally managed to recolor the model picture so it doesn’t look like the pukey olive color. “In person,” it’s this rich, beautiful bottle green. 🙂
Post # 3
- My dress is very modern-princessy.
- I absolutely had reservations about it because I usually don’t like pick-ups, and I only tried it on because I hadn’t really settled on a dress and we were about to leave our fourth store. Once I got it on, though, I felt really elegant and it does great things for my chest :). When I have it on, I kind of feel like Belle, honestly, lol.
Post # 4
@jo.lee: The first thing I thought of when I saw that was Belle, actually! I love how that looks on you, and I am normally not a fan of pickups at all.
Post # 5
1) Perfect, Elegant, Classic, Timeless and SEXY!
2) It honestly makes me feel beautiful, sexy and most important of all a bride! I did NOT want Taffeta or PICKUPS! I said NO NO NO! But it worked and I loved the lightness of it (Satin dresses are beautiful but dam they are heavy!)! We were aiming for a Nov. 2011 wedding, but little did I know we would be having an almost Christmas wedding which my dress will be even more PERFECT for! SO EXCITED!!!
Dress: Sottero & Midgley Margaret (Discontinued October 2010)
Post # 6
1. fun, quirky, elegant is how I would describe mine! It’s Allure Couture C157
2. I felt young, very bridal, skinny, totally gorgeous, and awesome in my dress (and that was only in the store, imagine on my wedding day!). I did have reservations about the dress: it’s incredibly heavy and my wedding is probably going to be in 85-90 degree weather. The poofy flowers everywhere are either a love it or hate it thing with most people and I’m afraid it may be too “unique” for my friends and family. And I never wanted a ballgown. But when I tried this dress on again (I tried it on once and dismissed it for all the above reasons), nothing else mattered. I no longer cared about anything except wearing this dress on my wedding day.
Post # 7
@notarobot! So beautiful!!!
Post # 8
Yay, another dress post 🙂
@Mrs Grape: I love your dress!
I had two dresses but I’ll answer for my reception dress, since that was my favorite of the two.
1) Lace, a-line, classic, classy.
2) It made me feel romantic, young and pretty – of course that could be my vanity talking 🙂 I did have reservations since the dress only arrived 10 days before the wedding, I had to have very haphazard alterations with the seamstress in the store (the only one who had last minutes appointments open, meaning she wasn’t their best) , and I didn’t have time to make the changes I wanted. They made the waist not tight enough and the chest too tight, I couldn’t breathe in it and was thinking about not wearing it…Then on that day, I decided to take a chance and it fit. It wasn’t perfect, but still better than not being able to wear it at all.
Post # 9
1.) I would describe my gown as traditional, princessy, ultra feminine b/c of all the last, floral beading, and the flower on the side:)
2.) I wasn’t sure if the ball gown would flatter me since I’m petite! I’m 5’3″ and all around small. I was worried that it would make me look like a midget. I decided to order online w/ out trying it on.
When I put on the gown I felt stunning. I’m usually insecure about my looks, but I felt like I just walked out of a fairytale. I have it hanging in my closet and I can’t help but grin like a fool when I see the sparkle and beautiful details!
Post # 10
I feel like I post mine all the time but why not here as well!
1) Princessy beautiful romantic
2) I felt like a princess (a certain Disney Princess even! It’s a coincedence, I swear! Ok well mostly!):D I didn’t have any reservations, well, I did that it doesn’t really match my venue, but I felt amazing in it and didn’t want to take it off!
Post # 11
I’d describe mine as timeless, breathtaking and ethereal. (Since I never got to try it on, I’m honestly a little afraid I won’t live up to it!) It’s Justin Alexander 9552.
Post # 12
@Belle2Be: I love the sleeves on your dress. The beading, too, but those sleeves are amazing. They really make your dress stand out from the crowd.
Post # 13
@Belle2Be: I look at the dress boards all the time yet somehow I must’ve managed to miss your pics. That dress looks amazing on you, sooo beautiful with the cap sleeves.
Post # 14
Dress Porn, YYYYYAAAAYYYYY!
1) I would say: traditional with a touch of whimsical modern
2) I totally feel like a traditional elegant bride in my dress. I am still looking at other dresses everyday that are much more expensive, but nope, still love mine more. I always thought I would be wearing an Audrey Hepburn esk tea length dress, I bought one and will be wearing it for the reception. So, in the end, I got everything I ever wanted. [attachment=1504697,190213]
Post # 15
My dress made me feel like the most beautiful woman in the room & like a fairy tale princess. I spun around in it on the dance floor all by myself and my husband asked me if I was drunk 🙂
Post # 16
Thanks! The sleeves are actually kinda weird, I’m not sure what I’m going to do about that yet. Not to be a thread hog, but they are actually one piece! I’m not sure if I’m going to leave it like that, or have it altered to caps, what do you think? (sorry for such a bad pic! It’s the only pic we have of the back, and its the reflection in the mirror on the other side of the room LOL)