- 6 years ago
1. How did you and your SO meet? And when?
2. How long did you know each other before starting to date.
3. Have you and SO ever broken up? Explain.
4. Are you engaged/married?
5. If you aren’t engaged/married, do you have a walk date or timeline?
6. If you aren’t engaged/married, does SO seem on board with engagement in the very near future (1 year or less)?
To answer my own…
1. We met on a dating site 2 years ago.
2. We talked online/phone for 9 days before meeting in person, and I consider us to have been exclusive from the first date.
3. We have broken up a couple of times, actually. Once for two weeks and another time for a week. Lol. We have had a very rough relationship due to external factors, but ultimately we are very happy with each other and hate being apart.
4. We are not engaged or married.
5. I don’t know that I will give it this long, but I have decided that if he has not proposed by our 3-year anniversary in 12 months, then I will be done. I don’t know if it will happen that exact day (happy anniversary, honey…bye…lol), but it will definitely be around that time if we are still together. But I hate the “You just want to get married…I thought you just wanted me, but apparently you just want someone else who will marry you ASAP.” It does sort of seem that way sometimes, but of COURSE I want to get married, have a partner, share responsibilities and finances. I would like for it to be my SO, but at 3 years I feel you should be ready for marriage or at least be able to say “Babe, I really am not ready to actually get married, but I definitely want to marry you, and I’d like it to be around X year(s) from now.” At least if they were more forthcoming and blunt, we may feel at ease knowing what’s going on in our lives!
6. I’m really not sure where he’s at as far as proposing, so I can’t say. Sometimes he seems open to getting engaged soon, and other times the vague “not right now” and “I don’t know how I’ll feel about engagement next month or in six months” take over.
- This topic was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by silverdreams.