(Closed) How’s the wedding planning coming along? (June 2012)

posted 6 years ago in June 2012
Post # 3
2616 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

done: dress- waiting for it to come. should be this month

bridesmaid dresses- april is when they are suppose to come

suits- picked

ring bearer pillows flower girl baskets

centerpieces done(minus the table name frame(groom to be needs to paint them)

dj pick,photographer picked,venue for reception and church picked cakes picked

candy bar glasses- all but one is bought,

flowers picked 

need to do

address invites, get flower girl dress, mob,mog and step mob dresses,honeymoon (groom to be responsible) get passport made,music play list, ceremony music, premartial counseling, prenup,find dress for bridal shower and rehersal dinner, shoes and veil(if i am going to wear one) pick hair style to trial runs. candy purchases and togo boxes need to be bought umm transportation.. i think thats it,,,

Post # 4
2616 posts
Sugar bee

invites are done!!!!!!thank God almighty!!!!!! 6 hours of work and a few melt downs it is done!!!!!!! they are going in the mail tomorrow so i dont need to look at those pain in the butt items. today i got my wedding flip flops for reception. gonna pick up glitter and glitter the sides of the flip flops. next weekend i wil be putting gemstone embellishments on the top portion.. picking up last margarita glass tommorow. start my teeth whitening and tan once this month. got few parties to go to that inlaws are hosting need to look decent.

Post # 5
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I feel like everytime I finish something theres 5 more things that went wrong, I forgot or needs something else added to it. sigh.

I am done with everything except:

• making and addressing invitations
  • figuring out who our flower girl is… complicated story
  • having my bridesmaids buy their dresses
  • redo my centerpieces
  • finish buying the candy for the buffet
  • finish up a few DIY’s
  • do the seating chart
  • meet with the DJ/ make song lists
  • have my dress altered
  • plan the bach party since it seems It’s up to me
  • get our passports (I also need a new birth certificate and social security card)
  • pay everything off

Post # 6
2616 posts
Sugar bee

mailed the invites, ordered the cake topper yay! kinda forgot about that detail. lol. started my teeth whitening process now… tanned this morning… i forgot how senstive my skin is to the fake and bake.. its been two years since my last fake and bake visit. last year i went to st thomas and became a very uncomfortable lobster because i forgot to pretan… this year i dont want that to happen in fiji… i still need to do my passport…

Post # 8
550 posts
Busy bee

Have

Venue

DJ

Photographer

Dress

Shoes

Garter

Aisle runner

Favors

Center Pieces

Table runners

Chair covers w/sash

Knife and server

Toasting Glasses

Boquets

Boutonnieres

Corsages

Flowers for cake

Cake ribbon

Cake stand

Ceremony Backdrop

Reception Backdrop

Table numbers

Table number stands

Invatations

Thank you cards

Place Cards

Necklace

Hairpiece

Need

Card box

Guestbook w/pen

Napkins

Cake ( I go in soon )

Earrings

Cost of Tux  (Fiance and son)     

Dress alterations 

Trial Hair and makeup

Wedding day hair and makeup

Marriage Liscense

I am almost done…Thank Goodness!

Post # 9
972 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

DONE: My dress, Bridesmaid or Best Man dress, suit, catering, venue, minister, miscellaneous food (cotton candy machine, etc), guest list

IN PROGRESS: decorations in general, cake (waiting for my appt but know what i want), invitations (almost done, will mail at the beginning of april) 

NOT STARTED: rings, teeth whitening! (gah didn’t even think of that!), shoes, ringbearer outfit, flower girls outfit, marriage license/premarital counseling (of course I have to wait for that anyway) 

Post # 11
2616 posts
Sugar bee

@eperez21:  yup mailed them got 7 rsvps back… they went out monday. got a rsvps on tuesday(that couple got theirs on sunday at church). 3came wednesday, 1 thursday none on friday and two on satuday.. i made my seating arrangement -eveyone has a spot guests who havent responded are highlighted, guest who are coming are not.. so far i havent gotten any nos.

Post # 12
2616 posts
Sugar bee

yesterday i checked off the flower girl dress– got my daughters at burlington coat facoty for 32.99. easter dresses amd communion dresses are a cheap way for a traditional flower girl dress.. cake topper arrived on friday.

Post # 13
2616 posts
Sugar bee

got the last margarita glass. got 14 brushes for a dollar for the shoe glitz party. need to get glitter tomorrow– micheals is having 50% coupons so i printed a bunch..makin lots of trips to multiple locations lol.  they alsohave foam board 2 for 3 dollars–this is gonna be for the table arangement charts. will be making a hair barrette for flower girl too..

Post # 14
78 posts
Worker bee

SO far we have:

Venue, DJ, Photographer, Baker, Food/Booze, Wedding Dress, Save the Dates done, working on the invitations, almost done collecting centerpiece stuff, honeymoon’s booked

Still have to get:

Bridesmaids dresses, brides accessories, gifts for wedding party, stuff for welcome bags for guests, favors, groom & mens wear, the rest of the centerpiece stuff so I can get on the DIY part of it, wedding bands, need a justice of the peace, been working on florists…

I know there’s more *sigh* We’re doing a Destination Wedding that’s about 3 and 1/2 hours away from our home- we live in NY and getting married in VT. Still trying to force myself to settle on colors! BAH!!! BUT I’m getting SO EXCITED!!! 😀 

Post # 15
7609 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Cripes, you guys, it’s coming up really fast!  Like just over 100 days fast!  Ahhhhhhh.

I am currently working on invites and music (literally right now).  Fiance finally asked his 2nd groomsman today…whew!

Post # 16
1498 posts
Bumble bee

This month I’m working on:

• Bouquets – done! (Silk flowers from Michael’s 40% off sale last weekend)
  • Dress alterations – started
  • Buying my new pair of shoes – started looking
  • Centerpieces – started, need supplies for another mockup because I changed my mind again, haha
  • Meeting with the caterer to choose our menu in 2 weeks
  • Making invitation mockups
  • Tableware rentals
  • Asking remaining friendors – makeup/hair person and reception emcee

Things I still need to do:

• Finalize linens with venue
  • Finalize wine list with venue
  • Wedding weekend hotel room(s) for us and bridal party
  • Cobble together a must-have photos list for photographer
  • Finalize day-of timeline
  • Erm…write the ceremony and our vows

That’s all I can think of for now, I’m sure there’s a bajillion more things outstanding that I’m forgetting about!

The topic ‘How’s the wedding planning coming along? (June 2012)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors