- 6 years ago
- Wedding: April 2013
So my job is being relocated to Georgis (I live in Maryland). I was offered a job in Georgia but I am still thinking about it and will likely not accept it. So in the mean time I am putting together my resume and I am going to job hunt. I have read and read and read everything I can on resumes and I’m still confused about what to put on it.
I have included a skills/qualifications, work history, and education section.
Do I need an objective and references section?
Should I put the reason for leaving on the resume? If not on the resume, should I include that in my cover letter?
Speaking of cover letters, what should be in the cover letter?
Here is my resume, any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Skills and Qualifications Summary:
- Superb analytical, problem solving, time management and organizational skills. Very attentive to detail. Able to multi-task and work independently.
- Above average skills with Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet, and all office machines.
- Type: 15000 numeric kph and 70 alpha wpm.
Company Name December 1, 2010 – Present
City, State Accounts Receivable
- Won contest for cost saving idea.
- Complete management of accounts, including: Setting up new accounts, reconcile accounts and contact customers for payments, research invoice and credit disputes. Make decisions regarding credit holds.
- Process all payments and post properly to accounts. Payments include checks, wires, and credit cards. Reconcile batches daily.
- Month end journal entries.
- Establish and maintain several excel files and other documents for larger customers and also for accounting functions.
Real Estate September 2008 – December 2010
Worked as a Real Estate Agent and Assistant
- Real estate experience includes sales, relationship management, marketing, property management and leasing.
Company Name October 1999 – September 2008
City, State Credit Assistant-Accounts Receivable
- Elected Employee of the Year. Key person in being awarded credit department of the year for 9 years in a row.
- Processed credit applications, pulled credit reports to determine credit worthiness. Managed accounts once open, including billings and collections. Reconciled accounts as needed.
- Frequent communication with customers and vendors. Contacted customer to collect on account.
- Maintained petty cash for location, reconciled once monthly. Processed lockbox payments, incoming checks, cash and credit card payments, applied properly to accounts. Made daily deposits. Processed expense reports. Processed check requests.
- Trained in and assisted in accounts receivable, accounts payable, human resources, 200 employee payroll, purchasing and sales as needed.
College Name January 2008-Present
Pursing Accounting degree
Classes taken include: Accounting, Math, English, Business.
High School Name 1994-1998