(Closed) August 2012 Mamas Part III

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
720 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Love that baby profile!  And I think your odds are still quite good.  It’s hard not to stress about it, though.  As for us, if you do the integrated screening you have 2 sets of bloodwork and 2 ultrasounds (the first of each are done on the same day).  We obviously didn’t know anything about the bloodwork results mere minutes after the blooddraw but the doctor reviewed the ultrasound with us and things looked good.  The 2nd blooddraw is set for Week 17 and then the 2nd ultrasound for Week 18 (that way they WILL have all labs back on that ultrasound day).  The doctor then reviews all the data with you. 

In Baby #1 news, she had her 12 month appt today.  I can’t believe it.  She’s in the 85th percentile for height and weight and had a sad day with shots.  πŸ™‚  Oh, ladies, you will never love someone like this.  It’s awesome.  And it’s amazing how quickly you forget the nitty gritty details of pregnancy and all the negative parts so hang in there!

Post # 4
554 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@chastenet:  Love the picture πŸ™‚ Our EDD moved up a few days too, to August 5th but I’m counting it like I was before just in case. I agree with PP that the odds are still good and the fact that you will get to see how things are going in a month will hopefully help you feel a little better. I haven’t gotten my bloodwork back yet but should hear something by early next week. I will be sending prayers and good thoughts for your LO. πŸ™‚ 

Post # 5
1115 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Hey Everyone! I had my NT today, but not without drama of course. For some reason when I went in they said they had me scheduled for a “first appointment” aka, a pap, bloodwork, questions, etc. and I was like, WTF, I am here for an NT scan, I’ve already had all that stuff done three weeks ago at the other practice! I had the files sent over 2 days in advance. Then the receptionist tells me “Well we can only do an NT if the Dr. Orders one, and you’re not scheduled for one.” I was FUMING. This was the EXACT opposite of everything I had been told on the phone before coming in. I almost walked out. Finally the receptionist went and managed to find the records I had sent over and came back and apologized for the mixup. The Dr. ordered the NT and I had the scan today!

I wasn’t a big fan of my US tech AT all. She didn’t even TRY to get a good pic of the baby for me, and my baby wasn’t being very cooperative on top of it. He/she was face down the whole time and we couldn’t get him to flip. He/she was moving around, which was cute, but the pic the tech got is awful… it looks like a complete peanut blob and its all I have to look at now for the next 8 weeks πŸ™ It’s not even worth showing on here, as it looks nothing like everyone elses nice pictures.

Anyway, I’m happy that I got the scan done anyway, and that the baby is okay in there πŸ™‚ Darling Husband got to see it just before he had to leave for work, and I’m glad because it looks so much better on the US than it does in my crappy pic!

Post # 6
1115 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Well I decided to show it, just so you could all see what I’m talking about. So without further adu – here’s our lazy little panda. I think the fact my uterus is tipped is not helping us get good pictures πŸ™

Post # 7
554 posts
Busy bee

@PandasWifey:  I think it’s a cute little panda. Looks like s/he is in downward dog. πŸ™‚

Post # 8
1776 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Hmm…I wasn’t getting the ghost pages, but no worries!  I’m glad to join the new thread. 

We still have a couple more weeks until our NT scan.  It’s scheduled for 2/7…which can’t come soon enough!  I can’t wait to see how much our little nugget has grown!  I’m definitely hoping to get the ultrasound tech from my 8 week ultrasound, not the last one we had.  The first one was waaaay friendlier!

Post # 10
1684 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I have my NT scan at 8am today and its currently freezing rain outside so wish me luck! ha. just have to leave super super early to get there. Fingers crossed everything looks as amazing as the rest of your ultrasounds.

Post # 11
720 posts
Busy bee

Good luck, bebefly!

I think I feel a little less freaked out (in some ways) this time around because I’ve been through it before.  But in other ways I think I’m more freaked out.  I think it’s because I already know and love my daughter so I feel like I have a better idea of what I’d be losing if something didn’t go right.  Having a little one already definitely changes things.  You’re really busy so there isn’t as much time to dwell on the pregnancy.  Last time I could tell you “I’m 12 weeks + 4 days pregant” at the drop of a hat.  Now I have to think about it (and am sometimes wrong).  πŸ™‚  I’m very lucky to have had an even easier 1st trimester this time around although the fatigue has been killing me.  No time for naps or just lying on the couch.  We also went Team Green last time and I didn’t find it all that hard to wait.  We’re finding out ahead of time this time and I’m DYING to know.  I think it’s another girl and hubby, of course, is hoping for a boy.  Perhaps I got a little side-tracked there.  Happy Friday, everyone!

Post # 12
554 posts
Busy bee

Yes, Happy Friday!! I got a call from the dr’s office on my way home last night with the results of the blood test. They were great and I am feeling really relieved. I told my two interns about the pregnancy today and both were really excited. I feel like I can finally share the news with people. I even started buying cloth diapers since it’s starting to feel more “real” now. πŸ™‚ 

Post # 13
1684 posts
Bumble bee

We have one stubborn baby on our hands – refused to lie in the best position for the tech to take the measurements and instead was lying spine facing us. The tech was trying to get her to flip over by bouncing the wand on my pelvis and ouucchhhies I sure am sore now! 

Managed to get a measurement anyways – 1.2mm, which is great (from what I googled). 

Post # 14
720 posts
Busy bee

That is great!  Anything <3mm is the goal.  And our baby was stubborn, too.  The tech had me cough repeatedly in addition to the jabbing.  Good times. Also, yea for good blood results!

Post # 15
4038 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@chastenet:  Ugh sorry your results weren’t what you were hoping for, but they still sound good, and you get another ultrasound out of it!

@bebefly:  Yay for a good appointment!

We had our NT scan this morning too. Everything looks great, the pointed out the nasal bone right away, and said the fluid was 1.3mm (I think). At least that’s what Darling Husband told me…I was too distracted watching my little plum suck her thumb. Whatever the exact number, the Dr that came in later told me it was well within the normal range, so yay! We have to wait until next week to get the results of the bloodwork back, but I’m very cautiously optimistic.

Baby McK is still measuring a few days ahead of my due date, but they still are leaving it the same based on my LMP.

Apparently I’ve lost about 6 lbs since my last appointment…but I had to get the scan done at the hospital I’ll deliver at, as opposed to the clinic I get my prenatal care from, so I’m guessing different scales have something to do with it…although I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if it was right, since I’ve barely been able to hold anything down. 

The tech did the wand bouncing thing to try to get my plum to move around as well, to get a good video for us, but I think she was pretty zonked out (totally her father’s child). Luckily, the bouncing didn’t hurt me any, but it did make me giggle. They sent us home with 2 short videos (one of them she’s pretty still, but you can see the heart really well, and the other one she moves a little, but I think it’s just in reaction to the bouncing) and a couple of still pictures. I’m also lazy, and not going to blur out my last name. Whatever. 

Say Hi Baby McK!

Post # 16
1684 posts
Bumble bee

@Mrs Sarah McK:  so cuuuutteeeee. lol (wait a minute – we have the same first name, the same wedding month & same due date?)

oh! the tech told me something super interesting – if you want your baby to be super active for an ultrasound, eat something, especially something sugary (like a chocolate bar). 

The topic ‘August 2012 Mamas Part III’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors