(Closed) August 2012 Mamas Part III

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 32
4038 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I really dislike throwing up. Especially because of something simple sounding like a breakfast shake (like the Carnation powder) and toast. 

I had a lovely sex dream last night…woke up in the throes of an orgasm lovely. I think I’m going to take a nap now and hope I can slip back into it. 

Post # 33
494 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

View original reply
@Mrs Sarah McK: Are you eating something once you get out of bed in the morning? I found doing that really prevents the desire to puke. Also, when I go to the bathroom at night, I drink some water from my water bottle since I always have dry lips at night.

Post # 34
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Just got to work after my NT scan. After waiting 12 weeks to finally see something – I can thankfully say that there IS, in fact, a baby in there!! πŸ™‚ The little peanut was moving around a ton but we were able to get some great pictures (I’ll upload one soon). Heartrate was around 169! The ultrasound tech was awesome and showed us pretty much everything we had hoped to see – fingers, toes, facial profile, big buddha belly! It was amazing. Very surreal, to say the least! I’m actually measuring a coupld of days ahead, but they still plan to keep my due date at 8/10 for now. I obviously won’t get the bloodwork results back for a bit, but the ultrasound tech said she could tell the neck thickness was very low and there was no reason for concern.

I’m so happy! I can’t believe I have to wait another 8 weeks to see the baby again – but knowing that everything’s ok in there makes it a bit easier πŸ™‚ Phew.

Post # 35
4038 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@cascadecherub:  Yeah, I had a few saltines as soon I woke up, and I ate the toast/drank the shake about 20 minutes later. It was weird because usually it’s too much sugar too fast that triggers it, but I’m guessing the shake powder did it, even though I’ve had no problems with it before. And ditto on the water…I keep a bottle beside my bed. 

View original reply
@Keppa:  Congratulations on a great appointment! It is definitely surreal, but so awesome!

Post # 36
1776 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

View original reply
@Keppa:  Congrats on the great appointment!!  Our NT scan is a week from tomorrow, and I’m anxiously awaiting seeing our little nugget on the ultrasound screen again!  I can’t wait to see how much he/she has grown since we last saw it! 

Post # 37
719 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Just a quick update to keep me procrastinating this morning.  πŸ™‚  We had our daughter’s first birthday party on Saturday.  The last gift we opened was a t-shirt for her that said “Big Sister [Daughter’s Name].”  Took a second for people to catch up but everyone was excited.  As it was Daughter’s 1st birthday party I expected a lot of people to ask if we were trying.  Why do people ask that?  Ever?  But I think only one or two people did.  Some asked if I was going to keep working and sounded shocked when I said yes.  And a few asked where we were going to physically put the baby.  It’s weird what people are curious or concerned about.  Anyway, we then posted a pic of the t-shirt on FB so we’re OUT out now.  I’m not 100% sure it’s feeling real yet, though.  And we also scored a free crib from a neighbor who was just throwing it away.  And here I was, going to spend a whopping $40 on one from craigslist.  πŸ™‚  Other than that, no doctor’s appointment until the 9th and that’s just a boring, ol’ 4-week check-up.  Then labs on the 27th and anatomy scan/gender reveal on March 5th.  Woohoo!  My SIL is going to accompany us to that ultrasound (she has no kids so I think she’ll really enjoy seeing it all for the first time).  I was thinking of doing a small gender reveal lunch or dinner afterwards with just immediate family but am not sure how I want to go about it.  Anyone going that route?

Post # 38
1682 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
@candicemcc:  We find out the gender around the same time as my FIL’s birthday, so I was thinking a big cupcake with either red/pink or blue filling. He cuts into the cake/cupcake and voila! Gender revealed!

Post # 39
1776 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

View original reply
@bebefly:  I love the cake idea for the gender reveal.  Totally cute.

View original reply
@candicemcc:  And I love that you gifted your daughter a big sis tshirt in front of the whole family!  Another super cute reveal!

Post # 40
618 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

We just got back from our latest appointment. The baby is measuring right on schedule and looked great! Our baby was twitching around and kicking it’s legs up. We saw the heartbeat and our doctor was pleased with everything.

I did get put on some mild blood pressure medicine because it’s been kind of high when I first come in. My doctor thinks it’s hereditary, but he wants to get it under control before my pregnancy gets too much further along. That way, we know whether it is pregnancy related or not.

We go back on February 29 (leap day!) and draw blood for our testing. There is a chance that we could find out what we are having!

Post # 41
4038 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@Mrs. Bonnie Blue:  Yay for a great appointment! Our next appointment isn’t until March 1st πŸ™

You guys, I just did the best/worst thing. I’ve been baking red velvet cupcakes for DH’s work all day. I think I’m ending up with about 100 cupcakes, and then I baked another 24 for my niece to bring into school (tomorrow is her 11th birthday. Hers were from a box, because I don’t know if all the kids would like red velvet, and I was tired by that point). Anyway, as I was sitting icing her cupcakes, without thinking about it I grabbed a double-stuffed oreo from the open package my SIL left on the counter, scooped up about a tbsp worth of icing, and plopped it in my mouth before I realized what I was doing. For real. So bad, but sooo good. 

I bake a lot, and every so often I think it would be fun to open a bakery…and then I have a full day of baking like today and I think “no way.” I still need to fill and frost the red velvet ones tonight, I’m wiating for my thickened flour and milk mixture to finish cooling to finish making the frosting. 

Sorry for the non-baby related tangent…but cupcakes are on my mind tonight. 

Post # 42
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

View original reply
@Mrs Sarah McK:  Oooh that sounds pretty amazing! I’ve thought about cooking for a living before. We have this amazing cake place near us that we usually get our birthday cakes at. Everytime I go in there and see all the girls baking cakes, frosting cakes, making pasteries – I’m always SO jealous that I then have to go back to my *blah* job. I don’t know if I’d feel the same way after being on my feet frosting cupcakes all day though πŸ™‚

Post # 43
719 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

You ate one Oreo with frosting on it?  Oh, girlfriend.  Don’t beat yourself up over it.  I had a cupcake for breakfast.  πŸ™‚  I did scoop about 2/3 of the frosting off first.  I consider that success.

Post # 44
494 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Mrs Sarah McK:  That sounds okay with me. I eat donuts now because it’s one of the few things that seems okay with me. Really no big deal.

I’m about a week and a half away from my NT scan. I’m so nervous and excited about it. I just want my little jellybean to keep growing. I had a bad external bleed day yesterday. I think that the toilet paper at work is like sandpaper and made things worse. My external bleeds have only taken place at work. I’m bringing my own in as well as feminine wipes. I’m going to call my doctor today to mention it. I also had some rectal bleeding too which was managed by Tucks pads.

Post # 45
4038 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@candicemcc:  Well, one may or may not have turned into half a dozen…not to mention the “quality test” cupcakes I ate…and all the frosting I kept nibbling at…I’m a little surprised I didn’t go into a sugar coma last night. 

View original reply
@Keppa:  Yeah, that’s pretty much the way I feel about it…it seems like the best idea in theory, but in practice, I think it’d get old fast. 

View original reply
@cascadecherub:  Mmm donuts. Sorry to hear about the bleeding. If it only happens at work it seems likely that it’s the gross toilet paper. I hope it gets better. 

Post # 46
494 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Mrs Sarah McK: So far today with my own toilet paper, it’s been pretty normal. It seems like it only took me a month to figure this out. I’m glad that I didn’t panic too bad about it yesterday. I did spend the night at home on the couch just to make sure that everything was okay. I even bought some baby wipes for at home to keep everything clean as possible.

The topic ‘August 2012 Mamas Part III’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors