(Closed) Hudson Valley Brides – 2011

posted 10 years ago in New York – Hudson Valley, New York
Post # 17
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Buttercookie, how many people are you having at your wedding at the Round Hill? I went to the Bridal day a few weeks ago and got really nervous because I have about 200 people and found it to be really tight.  i’m thinking about changing my venue but am wondering if you had similar concerns.

If you want the name of bridal hair & makeup let me know because my fiance’s cousin is a hair dresser in the area and I also have a friend that is a makeup artist.  The two of them are doing my hair and make up for wedding day 🙂 Hopefully I will have a venue to do it at.

Post # 18
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Hi Guess — My wedding is much smaller, just over a hundred people, so it wasn’t really a concern for me.  I’ve heard Caitlin Gardens is larger? Maybe you want to check them out.  FEAST says it can accomodate 200, but I agree it’s likely to be tight. 

http://www.catlingardens.com/

Post # 19
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Violet — we ended up booking with West Point Tours — their rates were definitely the cheapest.  Did you book with DJ Gaza?

Post # 20
15 posts
Newbee

Thanks Buttercookie,  we ended up changing our venue to the Falkirk Estate & Country Club.  The Round Hill couldn’t have been nicer about it though.  I hope you enjoy your big day 🙂

Post # 21
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Hello All!! I am in need of some help! I am looking to get married in the Hudson Valley in May 2012.. I have looked at the Wainwright House but a bit out of budget. We definitely want something in the Hudson Valley, we perfer a view of the water but if not no biggie. We are looking for a unique venue that can fit up to 150 people. Something like a house, or a barn..Does anyone have any place they can recommend!?

Post # 22
15 posts
Newbee

i’m still in love with The Round Hill.  Perfect for 150 people and May.  Very affordable (well in my opinion).  No water views though.

Post # 23
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2011

We’re thinking about getting married in the Hudson Valley this summer or fall…since it’s about to be June, that may be tight! We’re looking all over the place, particularly at Bear Mountain’s Overlook Lodge. We’d like a rustic, relaxed, weekend type wedding. If anyone has thoughts, I’d love to hear them!

Post # 25
5 posts
Newbee

This thread has been really helpful — thanks everyone for sharing!  We are getting married at Locust Grove in Poughkeepsie and are in the booking like crazy stage right now.  Everything – caterers, florists, photographers, DJs — we are going crazy with all the options!

Post # 26
19 posts
Newbee

@edot Also getting married at Locust Grove – the weekend before you! I am really happy so far with the vendors I have booked. Let me know if you want any info. 

Post # 27
6511 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

Hey everyone!  I’m checking out venues now, and am looking at Locust Grove as well.  I’d love to hear your experiences with them thus far, and how amenable they are to bargaining 🙂

Post # 28
384 posts
Helper bee

Locust Grove Brides…who are you using for a Caterer and what type of service are you going with?

I haven’t decided on the caterer.  I am having the max of 150 and would like to do buffet style, but i think it might be to crazy and tight with everyone,and am considering family style?

Also does anyone know of a reasonably priced photographer?

Post # 29
3 posts
Wannabee

@clairykoo:    

Hi All, also looking at Locust Grove. It is beautiful. Trying to get an idea of other costs…any thougths on a good cater at a reasonalble cost. We are having 250 guests, and for just food, sevice, setup and cleanup were thinking aournd $18K is that enough?

Post # 30
384 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@danifiori: I actually just met with lola’s tonight, they were really nice and super flexible.  They have done a ton of weddings at locust grove.  I also met with bridge water creek in new paltz over the weekend.  I’m waiting to get the final proposal back from both of them still and I stll have a couple more meetings to setup.  I think 18k might be a little low for that amount of people, but it really depends on what you want and what type of service you are looking for….filet vs flank, buffet vs sit down. I also don’t know if that estimate includes linen and plate rentals which run about $20 pp, or alcohol which runs about $20-25 pp for open bar.  I’m thinking my proposals are going to be around $50 pp (food and service only-buffet style w/flank so lower side), but then you have to include tax (8%) and tip (18%) and I’m already up to $63 pp. Weddings are expensive!  I’ll let you know whhen I get my estimates how they compare.

Post # 31
68 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@clairykoo: how was bridge creek’s food?  Please let us know about what’s included (i.e. linens, plates, etc.)

Also anyone have any opinions on Full Moon, Bear Mountain, or Stroudsmoor Country Inn in PA?

The topic ‘Hudson Valley Brides – 2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors