(Closed) Huge gap btw cermony and reception…what does your timeline look like?

posted 8 years ago in Catholic
  • poll: If you had to pick, what would you rather NOT capture photography-wise?
    getting ready shots, who cares what your dress looks like on the hanger? : (25 votes)
    54 %
    end of reception shots, no one wants to see you stuffing cake in each other's faces anyway. : (21 votes)
    46 %
  • Post # 18
    399 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

Here’s what ours looked like (but we had unlimited time with the photographer):

7:30am – hair and make up started (photographer showed up at 7:30ish, too)

11:00am – wedding Mass

12:30-? – luncheon for guests at groom’s parents’ house (I have no idea what time guests stayed there until, we and the bridal party left there at 1:30)

2:00-5:00 – bridal party pictures at two sites (an hour at each) and just relaxed in the limo in between 

6:00 – 12:00 – reception

Our photographer stayed until about 11:00pm, through all the toasts, dances, cake, bouquet toss, dancing, etc.  It was definitely a long day!

Post # 20
    158 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

Here is our tentative schedule

8am -hair and makeup starts

Photographer said she will be there around 10ish to take all the dress pictures, getting dressed, bride and bridesmaid photos. I am very excited for these.

1pm – Ukrainian catholic church ceremony…(should be 45 min or so)

2pm- Leave church for phoots

Photographer said she wants 1 hour for family photos and 2 hours for our photos. The faster we get the family organized the better, the more photos of me and my groom (who thinks hes a model after our engagement photos)

530 pm cocktails and receiving line

I hope we make it back in time because I would love to greet all our guests as they come to the reception.

630 supper

8pm dance.

We are paying for 9 hrs I think, but our photographer said since we are having a big Ukrainian wedding and she is also Ukrainian she is probably going to stay and party with us!

Post # 21
    16 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: November 2012

8am hair and makeup starts

12:30pm photographer arrives. he’ll start by taking photos of all the little details (invites, rings, something old, the dress, etc.) then move on to photos of us getting dressed. since hair and makeup will still be going on for the bridesmaids, he’ll get a few shots in of me getting touch-ups

1:30pm 2nd photographer arrives at groom’s location to take photos of the guys before they leave for the church. the hotel is a half hour away from the church and they need to arrive by 2:30

3:00pm ceremony

3:45-4:15 receiving line/exit from the church/photos at the church

4:15-5:00 photos at a nearby park. we’re fighting with daylight so we’re going to at least try and squeeze in some bride/groom portraits here

5:00 leave for reception venue

5:30-7:00 bridal party photos at the reception venue/time to relax and hang out

7:00-8:00 cocktail hour. we’re planning to take family photos at the beginning of the cocktail hour since not all our family members will have a way to get to the venue earlier (our hotel shuttle leaves at a specified time)

8:00-1:00am reception. the cake cutting is scheduled for sometime around 11:30, so that’s when our photographer and videographer will wrap-up. we plan to have dancing between courses so there will be plenty of photos of people having a good time. both the photographer and videographer are booked for 10 hours so we will likely go over a bit.

The topic ‘Huge gap btw cermony and reception…what does your timeline look like?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors