Post # 17
I would be so pissed if I were you. You asked and confirmed a bunch of times to make sure you were picking the right dates. I would have done the same thing.
If I had the money, I would suck it up and pay for it and pretty pissed about it still. If I didn’t have the money, I would have to decline the wedding. You tried your hardest to make things work.
Oh, if I was going to a destination wedding and it was around my wedding, I would definitely extend the trip to make it my honeymoon.
Post # 18
it seems like you have gone above and beyond to accommodate fitting THEIR wedding into YOUR honeymoon. If you had the money, I say make the changes, but forgo ***any*** sort of wedding/shower gift, etc. But if you can’t make it happen, then it is what it is. Let them know, “Sorry, I’ve confirmed dates with you on more than one occassion. I would have appreciated advance notice on the date change, say before you sent the invites off for proof, etc, but now it is simply too late for us to afford to make changes. We wish you a wonderful wedding, and can’t wait to see pictures”
nooo! I missed a flight once by ten minutes and had to buy another ticket. Had to wait at the airport for NINE HOURS and pay $500 bucks. Hands down one of the worst days of my life.
Post # 19
Update: we are not going to the wedding. It will cost too much. We just had an unexpected expense come up. My daughter and I will be flying to Florida in the next few weeks to visit my ill grandfather. There’s no way we can afford to shell out more money for their wedding as well. Thanks for all the suggestions and advice!
Post # 20
Do you have travel insurance? Dependent upon the terms you may be able to change the dates and file a claim for the change fees.