(Closed) hurting… TMI

posted 8 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
4429 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@emileekay:  i would say go to your obgyn and talt to them i use the cream when i get it and that takes care of it ; ( im sorry i hope you feel better soon!!!!

Post # 4
2065 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Aw, hon, go to the doctor! She can give you a prescription for something to help knock it out or if it’s more than a yeast infection she can diagnose it.

Also, sounds gross, but PLAIN unflavored yogurt? Put it up there. No, seriously, google it, it sounds crazy but it can bring relief. I do this every time and it’s always worked for me.

Post # 5
3109 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

The 1-day treatments do not usually work. Go to the doctor and she will give you a prescription for diflucan or another monistat-type treatment that is prescription strength. Sorry- I know this is the WORST.

Post # 6
8882 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Get to the doctor ASAP!  That is far too long to have an infection.  I’ve had them a few times (they tend to come with my UTIs) but when I get them they’re gone in about 24 hours.

Post # 7
1042 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

Go to a doctor/WHNP now. Especially, if you are actually having trouble thinking.

Post # 8
1828 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Generally if one OTC agent doesn’t work for you, the others won’t either. You need a prescription from your doctor, most likely for fluconazole (Diflucan). They are cheap (I know our pharmacy cashes them out for like $4 for the one dose without insurance).

Sometimes yeast infections can clear on their own; sometimes they can’t. Get the treatment you need before you get a systemic infection :

Post # 9
9970 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

Go to the doctor!  Also, the advice for yogurt is accurate – get plain, non-flavored yogurt and put it “there” as often as you can, it’s messy but it works.   Acidophilus pills may help, too, you can find them in the drugstore.

Also, along with drinking apple cider vinegar and water, make a wash for “down there” – dilute the vinegar with warm water and rinse with it.  Be careful to not use too much vinegar or you could hurt yourself.  I’ve also heard you can dip a Q-tip in the vinegar and water solution and use it to swab out some of the infection.

Good luck.  I’ve only ever had two of those but it was miserable.  I hope you feel better soon!

Post # 10
212 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

It hurts like a B*tch, but try soaking a cotton ball with apple cider vinegar and dabbing it on the affected areas (to get up in there, soak a tampon in a mix of acv and water and insert it). The vinegar kills the yeast really efficiently…it really hurts for a second, but I’m telling you it’s worth it.

Another thing you can do just for a bit of external relief is to rub some virgin coconut oil on your outer area (the coconut oil soothes and is also antifungal)

Those are the only things I’ve found that actually work. The drugstore creams are a waste of money. Oh and eat properly again, of course. Stay away form wine and beer until it’s all cleared up. 

Good luck!


edit: I See the poster above me already reccomended vinegar! 

Post # 11
188 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Agree with all the other bees, go I the doctor! While there are OTC treatments for yeast infections, the doctor can prescribe stuff that you cannot get OTC pills oral treatment and more potent creams too. Go immediately! There is absolutely no need to suffer like this. Yeast infections are very common and the doctor will have had many patients that did not respond to the OTC stuff. 

Post # 12
4430 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

don’t wear underwear to bed (sleeping naked will help, too)….also change your clothing to looser fitting, and don’t wear thongs.

Post # 13
606 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

If you’ve had it for 2+ weeks, it may not be a yeast infection. I’d get to the doc asap to check for a UTI and/or give you something that will actually clear it up. Don’t let an infection linger!

Post # 14
2638 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2006

OVER TWO WEEKS? You must be going out of your MIND. Please go see a doctor!

Post # 15
6256 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2014

You really need to see a doctor in case your lack of ability to thik is systemic.

Are you diabetic?

I treat my yeast infections with Pau d’arco. It seems to be pretty effective. But don’t take it if you have blood problems.

The topic ‘hurting… TMI’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors