Husband issuessss

posted 2 weeks ago in Married Life
Post # 61
823 posts
Busy bee

lilceeja124 :  You really should get a lawyer ASAP. Don’t try to figure this out alone. He might even have one by now. Don’t let him get the upper-hand because you are trying to do this alone.

Post # 63
289 posts
Helper bee

OP your state surely can’t expect two people to continue to live together who are separated. Speak to a lawyer. 

1. House is solely in your name;

2. You are primary caregiver for child and child needs a stable home;

3. He can’t afford to maintain home if you left without your assistance;

4. He has friends he can stay with? Maybe?

Sounds like a few good reasons to speak to a lawyer to see about having him removed.

Post # 65
5409 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: July 2018

There is no way you wouldn’t be able to kick him out, I find that really hard to believe.  You could definitely have to legally evict him but you should be able to do that *during* a separation and not just when a divorce is finalised. 

Post # 66
1124 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2019

lilceeja124 :  You’re likely correct that you can’t force him to leave, unless he is putting you or your child in danger. Some divorce lawyers may even tell you to both stay put until you have a temporary agreement put together for divorce & custody. Mine recommended I move out ASAP, but I don’t have kids.

My current husband owned our house before we were married, and I’m not on the deed or mortgage, but legally he cannot kick me out of our marital home without a judge’s order. You really need to talk to lawyer, OP.

Post # 67
1662 posts
Bumble bee

lilceeja124 :  You need to talk to a lawyer now! Where I am, it doesn’t matter if you purchased/own the home/are the only one on the deed – it is considered the marital home and would be considered fair game in the event of a divorce. My guess is that they do this to protect stay-at-home spouses who sacrificed their career for the sake of their marriage and/or family, but unfortunately the law would extend to useless mooches as well. Please protect yourself, and as others have said, don’t try to figure this out on your own. Family lawyers are professionals who deal with this all the time- they know how to best advise you where you are.

Post # 69
1662 posts
Bumble bee

lilceeja124 :  🙁 ugh that’s awful. I’m so sorry. I’m glad that at the very least you’ve told your parents and now have their support during this crappy time. I’m also glad you don’t have to pay this loser alimony on top of it all. Giving you big hugs.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors