(Closed) Husband of 9/11 victim wants death penalty off the table for perpetrators

posted 6 years ago in Legal
Post # 3
13082 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

“We can’t kill our way to a peaceful tomorrow.”

What an amazing, powerful sentiment.  This man could be crippled with anger over this, and instead, he has this amazing thought. 

I think none of us are able to say what we’d do in the situation because it’s so emotionally devastating, and everyone deals with grief in their own way.  I know someone else personally who lost his wife in 9/11 and who actually testified (victim impact statement) at one of the 9/11 terrorism trials over the years…and he said without a doubt, he wanted the defendant (I’m pretty sure it was the Moussoui trial) executed for taking his wife away from him and their two young children, even though he always thought he was against the death penalty.  Everyone will see it differently, and I can’t even begin to think how I would feel.

As of right now, as someone unaffected by a capital murder or other death-penalty offense, I am against the death penalty.  But, like I said, I’ve never had to test that belief, and G-d willing, I never will have to.

Post # 5
10287 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

He may not want to see these people put to death but I’d bet that the majority of the other victims families do. I know I certainly would if I were them. Hell, I knew people who died in 911 (no-one particularly close to me but still) and I’m a supporter of the death penalty in this case. They’re terrorists. They deserve to die (imo). 

ETA: I will say that the husband is a very noble man. I doubt many people would be able to take the stance that he has if they found themself in that situation. 

The topic ‘Husband of 9/11 victim wants death penalty off the table for perpetrators’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors