(Closed) Husbands & Mid-Life Crisis!?

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
2538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

I don’t have any specific experience, but I get it!  He probably feels like he needs to “do” something before the baby.  Has he actually booked anything or do you think it might be just talk?

My aunt and uncle climbed Mr. Rainier…my uncle didn’t make it because of the pressure (atmospheric) – I think it affected his eyes or something.  

Doesn’t the trip take like 2 or 3 days?

Post # 5
2562 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Hm, my husband goes mountaineering a lot (big trips every 2-3 months probably), so I wouldn’t be too phased, but he has extensive training in avalanche training, and has all the proper equiptment and experience. I don’t think I would be too keen on an amateur going on a trip like that. My Darling Husband went on his last mountaineering trip when I was 28 weeks pregnant, and we decided together he wouldn’t go on any more until after our baby was born. He doesn’t have any trips planned at this time (our LO is just shy of 3 weeks old now).

Post # 7
2562 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

@vintage2010:  Yeah, that is not going to benefit him at all, I know my Darling Husband makes a concerted effort to hit the gym and go for more runs in the 3-4 weeks leading up to each climb.

The topic ‘Husbands & Mid-Life Crisis!?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors