- 9 years ago
- Wedding: September 2011
I am in a long distance relationship with my wonderful fiance and my wedding is taking place where he lives. I am few states away and last time I saw my fiance was on Dec 26th. Lately my fiance been working a lot with a new job he got and we haven;t been talking that much so things are getting harder. We are planning to get married on September 9th of this year and been planning along over the computer and on the phone. He has been doing most of the stuff such as going to check out the banquets, photographers..etc. We have booked all the big vendors except the limo, makeup artist and we still have all the big details such as picking the cake , do the taseting and pick the centerpeices..etc.
We have picked a beautiful venue and I got my dress, veil , headpeice..etc. We have few more things to do ofcourse or maybe ALOT still. We planned that I will be moving after I graduate this May 15th, I will be moving first week of June. Everything was going great until the problem with my knee been getting a bit worse and been going to doctors to check it out. I have been going from doctor to another since 2009 and then the problem went away until March when it started again. I have been going to doctors in the city in D.C and they were able to figure out whats going and told me I need to do a surgery on my left knee to figure out what exactly is going on. The surgery was scheduled for the end of May and will need 6 weeks of kind of rehab to be able to walk without crurches and such. After the 6 weeks that will be begging of July, which is fine, but I cant move anytime soon to do all the big planning with my fiance.
The doctor told me that if the problem is small then I can be done after the 6 weeks , however, if there was more to it then it will need 3 months. I am obviously been lost and depressed the past few days..and to make things harder, my fiance is not here with me and we haven’t been able to have long conversations because of his work schedule.
I have been thinking that this wedding might not happen. However, my parents are tryng to keep positive thoughts and told me to wait until end of May and thats when we will get answers as to what will happen next. I have put wedding planning on hold , but its freaking me out because there is so much to do still and invitations need to be ordered and sent out at least 2 months before wedding , but I dont know yet if the wedding will go on and I will only know until May 26th and thats when I will know.
My dad asked if we can go and elope kind of, go to a beautiful island and have a tiny wedding or just elope pretty much. However, I have been dreaming of this day and we have put good amount of money already on deposts.. its making it hard to just change all plans..
I am not sure what I am asking for here, but I felt like I needed to vent..