- 5 years ago
- Wedding: March 2013
I have come to a point in my wedding planning where myself and my fiance feel that we want to ditch the wedding here in SA and fly to an exotic location with our families and MOH and Best Man and get married away from everyone.
1. 2 of my bridesmaids are driving me crazy. The one (A) wants to help, but also has her own wedding to plan (they got engaged after us) and informed me that I can’t be one of her BM’S due to the fact that I have my own wedding to plan. A also tends to like to tell me stuff that I really don’t want to hear (I am new to the city I now I live in) about what soandso said about me (huge segregation in friendship group when fiance and I got together, his friends girlfriends took an instant dislike to me and refuse to get to know me and instead gossip about me for reasons unknown to me and have left me in tears on numerous occasions). It is being to make me question if her allegiances really lie with me and do I want her as a BM.
The other BM (B) is only concerned about her. Who is going to do her make up, who is going to do her her, when are we going to get the bridesmaids dresses. She has also offered no help whatsoever but makes me feel so good about myself and is always there for me.
2. My mom think’s it’s rent a crowd for the invites. She has more people on the list than my fiance and I have put together. My parents are paying for our wedding, and I completely understand that they want to invite friends and family, but more than us? People we don’t know? Business associates? extended- Family I really don’t want there?
3. Fiance refuses to cut down his groomsman (he has 6). I feel this is too many and will look weird with my 4 (soon to be 2) bridesmaids.
4. Am I obligated to invite family friends just because I have known them my whole life and was invited to their wedding, but don’t hear from them unless I make an effort and would never hang out with them other than gatherings with our whole familes?
5. Am I obligated to invite extended family whom I never see and my own family only talks to on birthdays and Christmas?
6. How do I let my mom realise that it’s my day and no, she can’t upstage me and spend double the amount of money on her mother of the bride outfit that she spent on my wedding dress? She want’s to order it overseas!
7. My mom is rather annoyed that I haven’t asked my 17 year old cousin (whom I never see and hardly hear from) to be a BM and rather other friends whom she hardly knows (whom I am considering asking to step down anyway).
8. Would it just not be easier to can the whole dream wedding and go and get married in a hotel on the Maldives where everything is planned and done and decided for me? I won’t have to put up with trying to make everyone happy, which I feel I am trying to do, rather than do what is best for me and my fiance?
9. I am living in a new city, where I am finding it very hard to make new friends as it seems very unfriendly (not the first person to say this about this city) and am spending more time crying when I should be happy and planning the best day of my life.