(Closed) I am clueless when it comes to selecting paper & selecting a printer

posted 8 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
3539 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I used stardream  And they turned out great!! 🙂 Ive used the shimmer for reply cards and they turned out really well. Also my save the dates.   180gsm is the usual width paper width. but depends if your having a backing card!

I used my epson tx400 printer. Worked like a dream. You could use a colour photocopier and run them through? and then take it through to the local stationers you could get them cut there? or cut them yourself.

I cant reccomend any printers from america sorry 🙁

Post # 4
2404 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

definitely get samples of each paper so you can fold, see the color and feel them. i don’t have experience with Paper Source papers but as with any paper, seeing it in person can help you make your decision.

As for printers, i’m not sure where you are but , in my opinion, Kinkos and Staples printing quality and capabilities are not ideal. If their prices suit your budget, by all means go for it, but research printing presses in your area and call/email them what you want to do, and they can give you a quote. Sometimes kinkos has been MORE expensive than a printing press i regularly use for personal projects..so check!!

good luck 🙂

Post # 6
61 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

Definitely just call and ask for samples.  I did that with a few companies, and they will literally send you a little swatch of everything they have.  

As for printing, Google local printers in your area.  Places like Staple, Office Max etc. just send out most of their printing to a lab and charge you more for it.  Local printers do everything in house and will be more careful and meet your needs better.  Because you are wanting to keep it formal, have you considered the type of printing you will use, letterpress, flat, thermography, etc.?  My local printer does Thermography (raised ink) in house and I’m getting 200 invites printed in a specially formulated ink color for $70.  That includes the paper, and them cutting it to size!  It’d only be $40 for black ink!

Let me know if you have any specific questions about invitation details.  I DIY’ed every part of my pocketfolds, except the printing, of course!

The topic ‘I am clueless when it comes to selecting paper & selecting a printer’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors