Post # 1
Do you remember back in the day when Oprah said you should have a daily gratitude journal? I think we should bring that back! Darling Husband and I have been working our butts off the past couple of days and I’m definitely underslept and a bit grouchy, but I realize it’s for the greater good, so to remind me of that greater good here are my 5 things I am grateful for today:
- A wonderful Darling Husband who loves me despite (and including) my flaws, who would do anything to make me smile, and who makes each day a happy one when I wake up next to him.
- A fantastic and supportive family.
- A smart Dad. I don’t think I can ever express my gratitude to my father enough for all he’s done for us, I can only hope he knows.
- Opportunities in my life at an early age. I don’t take it for granted for a second.
- Three snuggly cats who make me smile even on a bad day. I love coming home and seeing their furry faces waiting for me in the front window!
Post # 3
Great things to be grateful for bakerella! I am thankful for
1. Having a job
2. Having a roof over my head
3. Living in a country where I, as a woman, can vote.
5. Having an amazing Fiance and family who cares for me.
Post # 4
1. My husband
2. My family and friends
3. Our house
4. Our jobs
5. My crockpot and DVR — they make my evenings much better!
Post # 5
1. My family (my parents, siblings and my husband who all are very supportive and wonderful)
2. Fur-babies who are always excited to see me even if I leave for only a few minutes
3. Baby Tadpole who is still a secret and I can’t wait to share with my family
4. Having a job I like (or rather ANY job right now)
5. Reisen candy…because they’re awesome.
Post # 6
@Blueshoes2: Ooh I love my crockpot too! Can I also be grateful for slow cooker recipe books?!
@camrie: How did I miss that announcement/secret?! Congrats hon!!!!!!! That’s so exciting!!
Post # 7
This is a good idea! I needed it yesterday when I was in an awful mood, but today is good too. Working election night at a newspaper is crazy business! So …
1. Having my job at a newspaper!
2. All the extra Halloween candy all my co-workers brought in. (I brought the best though. I brought chocolate.)
3. The man in my life that can always, without fail, make me laugh when I feel the world is beating up on me.
3. The library. I lent my aunt my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and I was in the middle of reading it (for the 5th time). Thank you library for having it so I could read it before the movie!
4. My friend Morgan who is going to a bridal showcase with me this weekend even though neither of us are engaged. And I will include her Boyfriend or Best Friend in this (my BFs, well, BFF) because he didn’t freak out when she said she was going!
5. My parents. Even though I am planning to come home right before Christmas, one of them will inevitably come up here for Thanksgiving even though I said it was OK. I miss them everyday and love them dearly!
Post # 8
@bakerella: Get out of my brain. I was just going to start a post like this when I came across yours! I guess it’s the Thanksgiving season in the air…
I am grateful for:
- How much my cat likes her “electric lap”. A few weeks ago, my husband had the idea of getting a heated cat bed for our resident feline, and She. Loves. It. She has actually started choosing her electric lap over us.
- Having woken up this morning after getting to sleep eleven and a half hours. I was exhausted. I’m not anymore 🙂
- My s’mores brownie recipe. I have all of the ingredients in the kitchen and it’s finally the right season. Making these brownies in summer just doesn’t feel right!
- Having an entertaining new coworker. I’d been feeling like a bit of a black sheep at my work, but a new guy started recently and he and I really get along. My husband and I have hung out a couple times now with new guy and his girlfriend, and it’s been really fun.
- Finding jeans that actually fit. Gap’s 4A Sexy Boot jeans, where have you been all my life?
Post # 9
i am grateful for/that…
1. i get to fall asleep every night next to my best friend….and wake up to his stinky breath every morning.
2. i have a job, and a good job at that, and one that lets me work from home and do whatever i want as long as i get my work done.
3. my dad, who offered to drive Fiance and i all over MD and DC all day on friday to meet with a million wedding vendors, and my mom, who wants to go dress shopping on saturday. and their new dog too, who will crawl into my lap and want to cuddle and make me smile when we get home from exhausting marathon wedding planning days.
4. the giant pot of beef stew that Fiance and i made this weekend, just waiting to be reheated for amazing leftovers when we get home tonight. oh, and the bottle of wine that will be drunk with it 🙂
Post # 10
I so need this today to remind me of what is important
- A job, even though its a beast some times I work with some great staff and get a nice paycheck
- New hardwood floors – I am so much happier coming home now that I don’t have dirty carpeting
- Loving husband – Hopefully I get to see him tonight and we aren’t too tired to actually talk to each other
- My puppy – He is SUCH a good boy and such a cute dog
- Got a great deal on groceries after coupon clipping today.
Post # 11
@bakerella: Thanks! Just announce last week. 🙂
Also I’d be thankful for my crock-pot if I knew how to use it. I made goulash in a skillet last night. Oh well.
Post # 12
Love this! I try to list in my head every night the things I’m most grateful for that day (and the things I most need to work on in my life, which is all too often being short with people and/or lazy about something).
1- awesome fi
2- great parents
3- amazing friends
4- being able to vote
5- my job
6- the fact that what is stressing me out about the wedding is that when its all said and done i might not have much left in my savings account…. there could be much worse problems than that in my life.
Post # 13
I am grateful for:
1. My wonderful Fiance. We have enough in common that we enjoy the same things, but we have enough differences that we balance eachother out perfectly too.
2. My mom and my stepdad. They’re paying for basically our entire wedding and they’re just great, funny, smart, thoughtful people.
3. My two little lap dogs! Can’t wait to go home in a few mins and see their happy faces 🙂
4. My job. It’s kinda boring but I can be on WeddingBee all day and I’m getting paid so can I really complain?
5. White wine. I don’t care if it’s a $3 bottle, Reisling and Moscato are always good.
Post # 14
My happies for the day are:
- My wonderful husband who is currently my housewife because he’s unemployed and totally showing me up when I was unemployed.
- Finding an awesome online radio station which is customizable
- Most importantly: I DROVE THE BUS TODAY!!!! That’s right, right over the woman who’s been dogging me since I came here. I didn’t stoop to her level, just proved she’s crap and it feels awesome!!!
Post # 15
@redherring: Please share your recipe. Now. LOL! That sounds awesome! I have an oven smores recipe that has a graham cracker base that’s amazing, I’d love to try a brownies version!!
Yay! I’m so glad everyone is enjoying the thread! It’s great to put things in perspective, especially at the end of a few long days, whether they be good or bad!