Post # 1
Have you ever done something accidentially or without knowing and harmed/almost harmed your SO?
I just turned on the wrong burner of the stove, that had a pyrex dish sitting on, and it blew up while my dear FH was standing in front of the stove!. It sounded like an exposion, which would be expected. I thought he dropped a stack of plates and went running just to be horrified of the glass everywhere. He was like, you turned on the wrong burner again (stupid ancient 1960’s stove). He said, good thing I’m wearing thick jeans, the glass hit me in the junk. My heart was in my stomach until I realized he was okay. That could have ended so very badly, especially if it hit him in the face.
Good thing we bought a bottle of wine for after dinner, I’m gonna need it.
Post # 3
@collieblueeyes: Wow that is scary. I turn on the wrong burner all the time. Thankfully we have never had anything on the burner. The worst that has happened is dinner being slightly behind schedule because I didn’t even realize that it wasn’t cooking.
I can’t think of anything that I’ve done yet that has almost harmed Fiance. I’m pretty absent minded and klutzy though so it’s only a matter of time :/
Post # 4
I once left our gas stove burner on low for like 4 days with pizza boxes on top. Darling Husband mom came over and was commenting how it smelt like gas and we were like we don’t smell it. Needless pro say I nearly killed both of us. His mom bought us a carbon monoxide detector after that haha. Whoops!! I’m much more careful to double check them now!
Post # 5
Oh my gosh, so scary to have glass flying everywhere! I have totally done this once before – no glass involved, but there was a stack of paper plates sitting on the burner, and since we had one of the old stoves with an actual flame, they immediately burst into flames! Thank god I was able to put it out before anything else caught fire, and I was home alone.
Post # 6
Holy crap. I guess it’s a good lesson for all of us… never leave anything sitting on the stove. It’s not a counter!!
Post # 7
I set our kitchen on fire once by doing that! There was a box of donuts on the burner and they went up in flames! Ruined my kitchen, and my krispy kremes!! And I wasnt allowed to use the stove for like 6 months!! Lol. Glad your man was okay!!
Post # 8
@Wonderstruck: oh my goodness, I have left the burner and oven on totaling like 4 times. The first time I did it our new puppy was kenneled in the kitchen so we were very lucky our gas stove didnt burst!! I try to be more careful now haha