I bought a cheap moissanite off of Ebay [part 2]

posted 1 year ago in Rings
Post # 4
932 posts
Busy bee

marriedalready69 :  you know we’d say, DO IT! lol. and i hear you. i need to stop spending the unnecessary money :/ 

Post # 4
456 posts
Helper bee

marriedalready69 :  do itttttt

I need tips on how to photograph my 4mm loose OECs. I need to list them on Loupe Troop or something. They are GORGEOUS and I can’t for the life of me capture it. I have 5 of them .

I’m going to message Tianyu and get a price on a spacer ring as the prongs are hitting the solitaire  (not at all unexpected). And uh… well…. it makes sense to just buy 5 more stones and get a 5 stone ring at the same time. Right?? 😂

Post # 4
603 posts
Busy bee

Nat82 :  I forgot to ask about your pave band.  Did you go with F or G/H or did they say they could only do E/F for pave?  I am curious how well you think it looks like diamonds or is it obvious in the pave stones that they are moissanite IRL.  I thought you said they were H&A so maybe that helps.  I would love to do a pave with rounded cushion’s.  I am starting to see those in diamonds now and I bet they could probably dup it with moissanites since the ones from my earrings weren’t too big.  They would definitely have to be cut smaller but it is a cool idea and avoids the platinum scratch problem….

Post # 4
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2004

The moissanite is plated and my wedding band is 14kt unplated white gold. Just showing the color difference. 

Outside comparison of a 1.11 M AVC and a G/H Tianyu Gems 7x6mm ACC. 

Post # 4
456 posts
Helper bee

angelwaye :  On Mrsgreeneyes advice I went with G-H. It’s so small you really don’t notice. Here’s a picture of it next to smaller diamond melee stones and bigger ones. I’m not sure what color they are but they all sparkle and look white in person. Once again my phone sucks at capturing it well. Also let’s all pretend we don’t see how hairy my finger is. 😂

It really looks like diamonds to me. No wild rainbows at all.

Post # 4
456 posts
Helper bee

You can kind of see the hearts and arrows. Definitely do that!

Post # 4
932 posts
Busy bee

Nat82 :  I didn’t even know they do H&A that small, but that’s super awesome. You can see the contrast in the arrows for sure:D

Post # 4
456 posts
Helper bee

felixgirl2004 :  I love your AVC. I also love your moissy lol. I can see the difference with rhodium plating. Both look great. I’d personally be fine wearing it together. And just probably not redip the e-ring. How do you feel about it?

Post # 4
456 posts
Helper bee

luckyrabbit :  yup! 2.5mm there. They also had down as low as 1.5mm I believe. I love H&A 

Post # 4
932 posts
Busy bee

Nat82 :  That’s awesome! Didn’t know they go that small. Because I just said 2mm melee for my ring with Tianyu. 

Post # 4
54 posts
Worker bee

Nat82 :  I’m fine wearing it together. I love both the moissy and AVC. They are different but I am very happy with how the moissy ring turned out. I’m going to order a pendant necklace and a h&A band from Tianyu Gems. 

Post # 4
932 posts
Busy bee

felixgirl2004 :  I never thought about making a pendant with the moissy until I saw someone on PriceScope did it and I was in love. I want a bezel milgrain one with OEC.

Post # 4
54 posts
Worker bee

luckyrabbit :  That is exactly what I would like. I’m not sure what size OEC to get. I don’t like anything too large. I want it in a milgrain bezel. I think I’m going to get a price from Emily. She has been amazing from Tianyu Gems. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors