I bought a cheap moissanite off of Ebay [part 2]

posted 1 year ago in Rings
Post # 4
371 posts
Helper bee

aquababe :  try to get that front facing view so you can see the light return. The bowtie is smaller in the one they cut you but it will always look splintery from a tilted view and in certain lighting conditions. I wonder what the difference is between a diamond cut and brilliant cut.  I see that used with the Neo. 

Post # 5
371 posts
Helper bee

marriedalready69 :  I am having some cut too. Are those step cut?  I want a monster ring like a few of you have.  Emerald cut is not my first choice but it was the best one for a 3 stone idea I have been thinking about. I wanted to do a 12×10 but after they showed me pics I didn’t think I could go as big as yours for an everyday ring. I am doing an 11×9 with approximately .50carat step sides. Those look a bit bigger?  I think they look good but they are very white. It is hard to tell with pic’s sometimes. Not sure the color on your ACC. What kind of ring are you going to put it in?  I might just do a miligrain with hand engraving but no pave.  

Post # 5
371 posts
Helper bee

So my ring and earrings just showed up. Snapped a few pics because it is about to rain. The earring holders are a little flimsy but they should not have a problem holding the stones. Kind of like cheap gold that they use for starter earrings at Claire’s. They were fairly cheap so they are going to my 11 year old so she will be fine.

The ring is a great match. I am glad I didn’t go full eternity of this particular one because the tapers would have rubbed the adjacent fingers. I will no longer get the scratching at the bottom now but it is still hitting the prongs on the front which I knew. I just don’t have enough finger space to add a spacer because my fingers swell which is why I want to go up 1/4 size.  Very happy with the rings now. This is a great, low everyday setting for summer.  

Post # 5
1686 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

angelwaye :  these rings are amazing!!! I’m interested in your EC I want one really badly too!! 

Post # 5
371 posts
Helper bee

marriedalready69 :  it is platinum and around $500 for 7 baguettes.  This one was exactly as expected because I saw a video from jhollywood and that is what I sent them so there were no surprises. 

I confuse the hell out of people with too many ideas as well. When I was looking them up, it said there were only 2 options – step cut or brilliants. Since the center stone is step cut, that is what I chose (6x4x3). I do like emerald’s, they just aren’t my favorite stone though but I do fancy them with those trap’s. I can’t remember who posted the Giselle ring from CVB some pages back but I remember seeing that on pricescope a few years ago. My stepson has started a custom design jewelry business in Sweden (lucky me!) and I thought I would give him these stones to create something for me. I know it will cost a lot more then from China but he needs some custom pieces to put on his page so I thought I would help him out. This way I know it will also be a durable long term ring. I want the hand engraving and milgrain all the way around so I never see scratches on this one. 

Post # 5
371 posts
Helper bee

EmeleeRose :  The elongated version looks a bit different then the square version. You already got the big one!  Are you looking for something smaller too?  I don’t mind a high ring at all but I do have to say that a low one is nice when it is hot out. 

Post # 5
1686 posts
Bumble bee

angelwaye :  yes I like an elongated EC so I’m thinking 12mm by 10mm like you and I would either have 2 ECs on either side or baguettes lol. I love big stones! I have big fingers and smaller just looks too small on my hand. It really depends on the setting, I think a 3 stone looks best lower but a solitaire looks best higher, but it varies with stone shape too I think lol. I just adore your pieces! Very classy and beautiful! 

Post # 5
371 posts
Helper bee

EmeleeRose :  I think either would look good but if you have a big center stone again, you might need to make sure there is enough finger space in mm’s to fit it all across the finger in the right proportions.  The EC in the picture is only 8×9.5 so there is room for the tapers.  I don’t know why I ordered it that small.  I got it stuck in my head from a link I saved without really thinking how small it would look in person.  I really should have done an 11×9.  I am still happy with it though from a practical perspective.  I was considering a 12×10 but when they showed me the trap’s they had in stock to go with it, it looked kind of silly….I went down on the stone size and up on the trap size.

Post # 5
1291 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2006

I need help from Bees with Tianyu experience. I got a price for a loose 7.5mm H&A and specified G color. Emily priced it to me, but also priced F. I thought their colorless was D-E and near-colorless was F-G. Anyone else had them give them a option of F vs G for a premium? I wanna order the G but I’m not sure what to expect. Requested videos for comparison and waiting on a response. 

It was $35 more for the F than the G color. Not worried about the price as much as I am getting something way warmer than I’m anticipating. 

Post # 5
1686 posts
Bumble bee

angelwaye :  I LOVE that EC stone!! Is that from Starsgem? What colour? It’s so hard to know exactly how it will come together but I’d buy the centre stone first and if I like it then decide what I want as side stones etc. I have to go big though as my fingers would just overwhelm the stone I think. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors