I bought a cheap moissanite off of Ebay [part 2]

posted 2 years ago in Rings
Post # 5
491 posts
Helper bee

ecmaddox :  Oh I love that blue step cut. I actually love the blue stones. It looks amazing with rose gold! The cocktail ring is fun too. 

desiderata :  I ordered stones from that seller and others. Definitely had the worst quality so I’m not surprised.

Post # 5
491 posts
Helper bee

michellelynn9175 :  πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

I need to see more!! Video!!

Post # 5
1192 posts
Bumble bee

I got my round&step cuts band. I definitely can’t wear it with my e-ring. If I was going to, I would definitely need a big spacer ring. The whole thing is “taller” than I expected. So it would eat my prong alive. I had a CZ solitaire I got from Amazon. It looks like it would fit with a solitaire much better. I’ll still need a spacer, but the solitaire would be a better look:D Unless I want to go on full bling then I could wear it with my e-ring. I got it it to wear it alone to work and when I’m chilling at home, so it likely won’t get stack with another ring anyway.

Post # 5
3086 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2006

Nat82 :  I’m hoping they’ll post a video soon. It looks a little odd from the side but I’m still very curious! I don’t have an IG (another Bee sent me the link to it) so maybe another Tianyu account has a video? 

luckyrabbit :  I’m an enabler. Lol. And the new band is so pretty!!!! I like it in the triple stack. Bling bling!!!

Post # 5
1192 posts
Bumble bee

michellelynn9175 :  I was thinking that’s too many stacks and too much bling, but now I’m like, mmmMmMMMMmmmm, lol. 

Post # 5
3086 posts
Sugar bee

luckyrabbit :  Also, that Amazon Ring is really pretty! Is that another 7.5mm or an 8mm? 

Post # 5
1227 posts
Bumble bee

luckyrabbit :  It looks good any which way you wear it!!  Is it possible to get a close up picture of the step cut?  I would love to see what that looks like although I know it is probably hard to get it to focus with a phone camera.  I want to see how it compares to the baguettes….

michellelynn9175 :  I am kind of digging that Tianyu IG pic.  I think they keep adding more people who upload videos to their own accounts.  I got a friend request from someone on my facebook too which is a different name.  I dont’ think the edge can be seen if it is put in a setting.  It seems to have a pretty tall crown so I wonder what the main difference is other than the fat edge? It does have little windmill’s all along the perimeter which is kind of cool.  I have been trying to figure out which stone to do in a simple solitaire and maybe this is a good one to try.  I need to see that video first though….hopefully they will upload it soon. Did you ask them somewhere?

Post # 5
3086 posts
Sugar bee

angelwaye :  I didn’t, but someone else did on their IG. Yes! Buy one so I can see it! Lol

Post # 5
1192 posts
Bumble bee

angelwaye :  I tried to take a close up picture of it without losing focus. 

Does it looks like your baquette cut?

Post # 5
1227 posts
Bumble bee

luckyrabbit :  I think your’s looks more like a true step cut.  My baguettes are so small though, so it is hard to see the detail on them. They are much longer then your’s and I don’t know if that makes a difference.  Do you know what size in mm they used?  I think mine are 2 mm each.  Do you think they have a lot of sparkle?

Post # 5
1192 posts
Bumble bee

angelwaye :  My rounds are 2mm, and the step cuts are 3x2mm. The band is not blinding, but it has some sparkles. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors