I bought a cheap moissanite off of Ebay [part 2]

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 5
1192 posts
Bumble bee

And here is my semi-mount:D Got to contact a jeweler to set it with my 7mm stone.

Also, nnnoooowwww I want an oval ring. So I contacted Emily to get her opinion on what type of cut they do for their oval. 

Post # 5
1192 posts
Bumble bee

michellelynn9175 :  that video MrsGreenEyes just linked looks like it has a higher crown, that’s up your alley:P

Post # 5
3085 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2006

mrsgreeneyes :  Thank you! Damn Tianyu and all their cuts. Now I don’t know which one I want! Lol. What does everyone think compared to the H&A? 

Post # 5
1245 posts
Bumble bee

What do you guys think is the main difference (besides the fat edge?). I see a H&A but the cut looks a little different then a modern one.  It is hard to tell from the videos.  I wish they would give it more face time to see it before it gets flipped over.  Since I haven’t been able to make my mind up on a stone to go with the knife edge, maybe I should consider this one…..?

Post # 5
389 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2005

Main differences that jump out to me are the higher crown, smaller table, and fatter arrows. 

Post # 5
1192 posts
Bumble bee

It doesn’t look like any of the modern North America H&A cut I’ve seen.

Not a cut I would try. 

Emily told me they have 2 H&A cuts. 1 version with thinner arrows and 1 with thicker arrows. She told me the first order I got from them that I didn’t like were the thinner arrows, so they sent me the thicker version the 2nd time around. Whatever they sent me, I love that version. But what I got doesn’t look like “that” though. 

Post # 5
1192 posts
Bumble bee

angelwaye :  You were asking if the band has sparkles to it. This is how it looks just me sitting here in my FI’s office by the computer. 

Post # 5
1638 posts
Bumble bee

luckyrabbit :  Oh so pretty!  Hey, can you tell me about that middle ring?  The diagonal swirl with rounds?  ALL the stats you’re willing to share, I love it!

Post # 5
188 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

luckyrabbit :   20sparklingyears :  

OMG, same! Can you share details and also like a million more photos of it!? It looks very similar to the DK ring I sent to him as inspo for the five-stone I want (which, omg, did I send him your ring?) 

Anyway, would love to see more of it if you’re willing to share! <3 

Post # 5
3085 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2006

I’m not sure how useful this info is for anyone else, but I thought I’d share. Tianyu can cut weird off sizes (like a 5.75mm round H&A) just in case anyone needs to know. 

I still can’t get over their pricing. $42 for a G. And $38 if I bump it down to a 5.5mm. So insane. Now to just figure out what I want for this stupid 3 stone ring! Lol

Post # 5
1192 posts
Bumble bee

If anyone is curious how the OECs are different between Tianyu and StarsGem, here’s a video of it:

I actually like SG’s cut better. It has more thinner pedals look I like. As for the sparkles in the day light, Tianyu has it beat slightly. Though I’m very torn because I love the perimeter cut of Tianyu’s. I love the Starburst look on the outside that Tianyu seems to have more prominent of. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors