I bought a cheap moissanite off of Ebay [part 2]

posted 2 years ago in Rings
Post # 6
585 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

moissamight :  Nice. I like the way you’re marking up the changes. 1.8mm band seems reasonable and doing it half way down the band is a good way not to make the beaded section too thick. I’m not sure how secure a half bezel is but I’m sure a full bezel will look just as nice for the accent stones.

Did you get them to understand the leaf vs the heart prongs? And did you get the measurements for other sections throughout the band? Just to be sure you’re not missing anythjng.

Post # 6
585 posts
Busy bee

Woo hoo! Page 300!!!

Post # 6
63 posts
Worker bee

hm2012 :  Grace sent me a second CAD immediately after i posted this. The prongs are definitely closer, but they stick out a bit too much. 

A half or semi bezel meaning one that doesn’t go around all the way. I don’t have any pics on my phone at the moment, but it’ll be like the drawing example i have with the swirls. The wedding band one i changed to a full bezel after i wrote this for durability.

I asked Grace again about the polishing thing and the measurements for the scrolls/swirls. She confirmed the CAD is pre-polish, so I’m going to bump things up a little. As for the scrolls, she is getting the measurements for me. I’m feeling hopefully that the next iteration will be almost there! Thanks again for your input. 

Post # 6
585 posts
Busy bee

moissamight :  That would be really cool if they can do the half bezel. Very artistic. You’re really challenging them with this design but I have to say, at least with the CAD they’re doing pretty well understanding what you want. 

I should have done final measurements on the last ring they made me to see how different the final polish is from the CAD. I have a feeling the top thicknesses stay closer to the CAD measurements than the mid to bottom part of the band? But I haven’t gotten enough rings made to really test that theory out. Just pick within a range of thicknesses you will be ok with within 0.2mm of the CAD and you should be fine.

Post # 6
78 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2004

hm2012 :  Yay! 300 pages!!! I just saw that you got your French cut band from SG. Do you have the cad for it? I’m thinking about getting one. Thanks. 

Post # 6
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2016

sunburn :  i tried to upload a video, but its not letting me 

Post # 6
8 posts
Newbee

luckyrabbit :  tried uploading a video but my phones only allowing me to post a picture .

Post # 6
722 posts
Busy bee

mrscarostone :  WB does not let you upload a video directly to the site.  You have to sign up for Vimeo and you can embed the video or copy the link to share it in a post…..

Post # 6
585 posts
Busy bee

felixgirl2004 :  wow you read the whole thing?

I  Do have the CAD  For the French cut band. The general consensus is that the stones show up grayish in color.   I’m not sure if it has something to do with the way it is cut? If you’re OK with that you are more than welcome to use my CAD. If you like the milgrain on the band then make sure to emphasize you want 6 beads to each 2mm stone. Generally they don’t make it this fine. FYI it is machine cut and looks rough in pictures but to the eye it looks fine IMO.

I don’t wear this band very much but it’s not because it looks steely. I just find it uncomfortable because it is too thick between my fingers. This was my 1st ring so I didn’t know what was comfortable for me. I would highly recommend slimming down the width to no more than to 2mm or whatever the minimum is for the stones 

Post # 6
8 posts
Newbee

https://vimeo.com/304738315

Heres my sparkle bomb ring 😁 everyone elses rings looks great too. Im glad i went with the thicker hearts and arrows 

Post # 6
585 posts
Busy bee

mrscarostone :  whooooa!!! That is a bling for sure. I can see the arrows from here!!! That’s a pretty spectacular rock. Wield it with care πŸ˜‰

I’m glad you’re in love. Congrats!

<my phone is cookey, idk what is up with the microscopic text. I didnt even have to cut and paste because WB kicked me off…weird >

Post # 6
1044 posts
Bumble bee

mrscarostone :  sparkles! It looks great. Sorry to be a pain, but could you do a closer video so we could see the arrows more? I’m curious to see their thicker arrows cut because I’ve been contemplating getting one myself:D

Post # 6
8 posts
Newbee

hm2012 :  thank you so much 😁

luckyrabbit :  yes I will get a video of that today!!

Dont mean to thread jack, but do any of you ladies know of a good website I can sell my old ering at? Its a moissanite as well  

Post # 6
164 posts
Blushing bee

Hey everyone 😁 I got my ring today!! I love it! It’s much more proportional. I’m starting to think the DE color I got was a good choice because in fluorescent or warm light it shows up very warm. But in LED and under flash it’s very white. Here she is! My puppy needed to be in the pics too because she’s so cute πŸ˜‚

What do you all think? Big shout out to everyone who helped me, seriously I couldn’t have done it without all your input! I’m so happy with the dimensions. I have big knuckles and smaller fingers so anything is going to look a little finger obstructive. But it’s cold so my fingers are a little skinnier too. But I need enough room to get over my knuckles so I’m about .5 size bigger than I should “really” be. But I like taking my ring off at night so oh well πŸ‘»

Omg guys, can you see the heart in the stone in the first pic?! I couldn’t believe it did that.

And I love the red boxes better! Mine originally came in a blue box. I love the red velvet! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors