I bought a cheap moissanite off of Ebay [part 2]

posted 2 years ago in Rings
Post # 6
723 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

lovelylovelylife :  So so happy to hear you finally got your ring an that you love it!!! What a relief! You have been so patient! I see the heart too ๐Ÿ˜Š what a nice surprise.

Congrats on your engagement btw! It’s a lovely ring.

Post # 6
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2004

lovelylovelylife : It is gorgeous! I’m glad that your patience paid off and you finally received a beauty!!! 

Post # 6
471 posts
Helper bee

lovelylovelylife :  That is so much better. And I can tell it’s the lighting making it look that warm. Perfect!

Post # 6
242 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2020 - Summer Camp!

lovelylovelylife :  It looks right at home on your finger. Congrats!

Post # 6
803 posts
Busy bee

lovelylovelylife : I am sooo glad this worked out. I was fairly confident on the last round that it would look right this time.  I am sure it will take a little time to get over the ordeal but hopefully soon you will be able to look at the ring for all the good times it represents for your engagement and future.  Cute puppy too….. 

Post # 6
165 posts
Blushing bee

hm2012 :  thank you so much! ๐Ÿ˜Š

felixgirl2004 :  me too! I’m glad I was able to get it repaired. I’ve recently read about Tianyu refusing to admit fault for a ring that was very wonky looking. Maybe they’re getting too many complaints and too many are asking for remakes. 

Nat82 :  yes I love it in natural light the best! 

moissamight :  thank you! 

angelwaye :  that’s true it’ll take a little while to get over ๐Ÿ˜‚ I think I’m getting a plain wedding band off Etsy or something. I don’t think I’ll dabble with the custom rings again lol. I’m really happy with how it turned out and very happy with the proportions. So yay! Thanks so much for the help! 

Post # 6
8 posts
Newbee

Oh boy. So I’m having issues again! My stone from starsgem was supposed to arrive Friday. The tracking said delivered at/in mailbox (my community has a mail room similar to PO boxes). However, the package wasn’t in there. On Saturday, I went in there when the mailman was there and mentioned it to him, he said that the normal carrier is on vacation and it wasnt him who did the mail yesterday. He checked all of the other mailboxes and package boxes in case they put it in the wrong one, or forgot to put in the key for the parcel locker. No luck. He said to go to the post office Monday and see if they can help. I did that this morning, and waited for an hour and a half. They said they don’t have it there and the GPS from the scan said it was definitely scanned at my mail room. They suggested that it possibly was put into another person’s mailbox and they didnt look when they picked up their mail, or just decided to keep it or throw it out. They basically said I’m out of luck, and that I can file a claim online which will take several weeks to process. I don’t even know if I can file a claim because I don’t know if the package was insured. I am so annoyed! I know it isn’t starsgems fault but the post office isn’t going to do anything about it. They basically said oh well. Does anyone have any advise? What do I do???

Post # 6
803 posts
Busy bee

bmd2015 :  I think they usually ship using DHL?  I can’t remember if you said you were in Canada but I don’t think they use the regular China Post for shipments to your regular post office.  I would contact Starsgem and let them know.  I had one of my loose stones clear customs in Sweden and then it just sat for a week.  Eventually the tracking picked up the following week and it arrived safely.  Sometimes they are just put aside.

Post # 6
242 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2020 - Summer Camp!

Here’s my final CAD from SG. I’m not totally sure about the the ways the swirls/scrolls look on the bottom, but I figure I can remove it later on if it bothers me that much. I was charged an extra $85 for gold, but nothing for the CAD revisions (probably 5 in total…). Grace said it should take about 15 business days. My boyfriend already sometimes wears his wedding band at home, so I can’t wait to receive it!

Post # 6
723 posts
Busy bee

moissamight :  Oh wow. I like the semi bezel scrolls. They look good. I see what you mean about the bottom scrolls. I think they are too open. Maybe if you tightened them to curl more like top swirl along side the center stone it will flow better? 

Post # 6
723 posts
Busy bee

I’m asking for more eyes on this ring SG just made for me. Am I just imagining this or is it “off?” Not sure who was following mjay’s troubles with Tianyu and her champagne ring but I feel like I’m in the same boat. 

I mentioned it to Grace that I thought the top left prong was turned more than the others and then it looked like the whole stone is slightly skewed to the left. Her coworkers all think it is straight and the factory doesn’t think it’s off so they don’t know how to remake it any better. 

Tell me what you see. I don’t want to make a big fuss if I’m imagining all this. SG has been good to me but I want a straight ring and am wondering if I should pursue convincing them its crooked?

Thanks ladies!

Post # 6
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

hm2012 :  I saw a video of this ring on Instagram an hr ago and thought it was VERY off. Very wonky. 

Get a photo of the ring side on with the stone facing down. 

Post # 6
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

hm2012 :  if you cover up the band the stone is set perfectly. It’s the shank that’s wonky. It’s as if the whole head of the ring has been turned a few degrees anticlockwise relative to the band. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors