I bought a cheap moissanite off of Ebay [part 2]

posted 2 years ago in Rings
Post # 6
275 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Second CAD is in. They can’t seem to show the claw or double prongs but I am happy with single if it gets lost in translation as long as it’s a claw not a rounded prong. 

I’m excited to see this beauty! 

Post # 6
275 posts
Helper bee

Final CAD with claw prongs – i’ve Given up trying to get double claw prongs. This will do 😂

Post # 6
1 posts
Wannabee

Question. What is a reasonable price for an ACC (with the round culet) 14K white gold setting, stone size 8×7? Bought in August. I’m not soliciting, but I need to know what to reasonably sell it for. Thanks.

Post # 6
8 posts
Newbee

So I’m giving one of my 6.5mm stones to my sister because she is getting married on the fly. Can anyone give some recommendations on the cheapest way to get it set (ie, silver)? I’ve checked out jamming gems but I’m not seeing anything for 6.5…

Post # 6
8 posts
Newbee

hm2012 :  probably around $100 and below, I will check out those sites too though thanks!

Post # 6
14 posts
Newbee

Hi all! I just started communication with Mona and am going to move forward with a yellow gold plain band ring with an ACC stone. Right now I’m trying to decide if I want a E-F stone or a G-H stone color! I have a GIA oval diamond ring that is an H, and to be honest, I can pick out the tiniest bit of warmth. That being said, I don’t mind it! But my ER is 18k white gold, dipped in rhodium. I want the stone to be white but not CZ white. Never had and probably won’t have an opportunity to inspect a mossy in person so I’m not sure what to expect! Any opinions would be great. 🙂

Post # 6
33 posts
Newbee

beebirdie :  if you specifically want white then go with colorless. Theres a bee that got a colorless oval with a gold band and wishes the stone had a bit of warmth to match the band… But theres another that thought her colorless oval looked great with the yellow gold. Im personally leaning towards colorless with yellow gold myself but depends what you want! Have you been on any of the chinese companies instagrams? They have tons of videos, might give you a better idea. 

Post # 6
1 posts
Wannabee

everymealattiffanys :  I’ve been talking with the company, and got the link to what bmd2015 received if you wanted it too! https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Get-ONE-piece-round-cut-1ct_60830310323.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41982.3.43a76357ctDuT2

They do custom ring designs as well. I’m getting a quote from them to see how their prices compare and it seems they’re cheaper than Tianyu / Starsgem too. The only thing is I don’t know what their quality is like!

Post # 6
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2019

Hi all, I found this thread in my search for a Meghan ring replace with moissanites. I found some beautiful ones online (https://www.elle.com/culture/celebrities/a20722235/i-wore-meghan-markles-engagement-ring-for-a-day/https://www.ebay.com/itm/Meghan-Markle-custom-harro-moissanite-engagement-ring-three-stone-bridal-set-/273658410959?oid=273573636394#shId) but expensive and the second one doesn’t look like a trustworthy seller. Does anyone have experience with recreating this ring, and can you advice me which steps to take? I have never bought moissanite or worked with a bespoke process. And what kind of price would I be looking at? Thank you!!

Post # 6
772 posts
Busy bee

mmoissy :  I did this ring last year but with an antique cushion center (8.5 mm).  You can choose a square antique cushion, an elongated antique cushion or a brilliant cushion as a center.  Here is the CAD and I made it through Starsgem. The CAD reflects the measurements before polish.  The end ring was 2mm thick and 2.5 wide. The contact is Cherry Zheng at [email protected].  Once you figure out which center stone you like, you just contact them for a quote and then you can decide if you want to move forward with the purchase. 

Post # 6
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2019

angelwaye :  Thank you for your quick response! I’ve read in this thread that you should ask for pictures of the stone. What are the things I should be looking for in those?

Post # 6
772 posts
Busy bee

mmoissy :  It depends on the size & cut you are going for. If you want a larger stone or a non-standard size, they will have to cut it for you so you won’t get to see it until it is done. If you are going for a standard cut in anything around 2 carats, they typically have those in stock so you can have them show you a few stones and pick the one you like the most. 

Post # 6
275 posts
Helper bee

This is by far the longest wait and lack of communication i’ve Had with SG – they must be getting busy. 

I messaged cherry a few nights ago about the ruby cluster ring — she said it would be finished tomorrow which was yesterday and still no word.  Is anyone else experiencing delays? 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors