I bought a cheap moissanite off of Ebay [part 2]

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 6
1284 posts
Bumble bee

EmeleeRose :  That one was actually through Tianyu.  The stone was really nice but the setting was a bit funky because they made it 4 mm wide between the fingers and the miligrain became really uncomfortable.  I think SG can cut the same stone if shown the example. The CAD for the setting would need to be reworked to be more comfortable. 

Post # 6
1776 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

Thank you so much for your help! I really want to try an OEC 🤗🤗angelwaye :  

Post # 6
971 posts
Busy bee

So I bought a $7 light blue moissy that I plan to put in a 18k solitaire that I removed a diamond. 

Post # 6
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2016

It’s been awhile but I sold my huge 4 carat solitaire and got something much more modest. Which I couldn’t be happier with. My forever ring 😊

Starsgem can rock a princess cut! 1 carat (5.5mm) D color. 

I got my platinum setting and band from helzberg here in town and had the stone set by my jeweler. 

Post # 6
491 posts
Helper bee

I need more pics of what everyone has going on lol. I’m over here having a rough go of life lately and would love sparklies. <3

Post # 6
3085 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2006

I’d love to contribute, but I’m still too broke to place an order with anyone 😆 Hopefully someone will share soon! 

Nat82 :  Sorry to hear it! I’ve been in a bit of a funk lately too with some issues myself, and I’ve also found jewelry makes it better. Haha! Sending hugs your way! 🥰

Post # 6
1642 posts
Bumble bee

marriedalready69 :  well as you know I got my dream diamond, so moissy is on the sidelines now.  Although I am thinking of resetting my emerald cut.  It is in that lovely solitaire setting, definately engagement ring – y.  So, I would have it put into something more RHR like so I wear it again.

Post # 6
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 1996

makbee1025 :   what etsy seller did you use for your setting?   Love it!   

Post # 6
43 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2007

It’s not a moissanite but it’s my new sparkly!  My dream ring!  Hopefully I can pick it up Saturday.  1.5ct CVD lab grown diamond set in vintage ruby mounting from Ivy and Rose.  Valentines gift from my husband ❤️

Post # 6
1284 posts
Bumble bee

Thought I would add my new bling here first.  This ring has been going on for month’s.  I was experimenting with all the details and ended up throwing everything and the kitchen sink in it.  Has a ruby ribbon around in platinum & 18K yellow gold w/diamond pave. I decided to do hand engraving and two toned but the contrast was a bit too great so there was a black rhodium antique finish added to tone the whole thing down. I didn’t think I could ever go too big on a stone but I think I just did. The prongs were the last piece added to this complex ring so I am hoping that at a future date, maybe I can go down a little bit on the stone size so I can drop the height down. The 11×10 cushion is just a very deep stone. It was beautifully cut by Starsgem Gem but it does kind of look like an ice cube balancing on top.  Took a bunch of pics around the house so I am adding this imgur link.

https://imgur.com/a/l2DiIkC

Post # 6
1284 posts
Bumble bee

marriedalready69 :  I think I am going to have to name it ‘bedazzled’ because there is a whole lot going on.  I know you tried these really big stones too and not sure if you decided it was just too big to get it to work?  I am going to check with the jeweler to see if I could go one size down and still fit it in-between the ruby collar. The detail is kind of amazing though but I am going to struggle with the height of it. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors