I bought a cheap moissanite off of Ebay [part 2]

posted 2 years ago in Rings
Post # 6
1762 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

Hello my fellow bling lover, I hope your well. I have to say WOW!!! This is beautiful! I can’t believe this setting is sterling silver. It looks so well made. I can’t wait to see it on your hand. What are the mm of the stone? Love the warmth! I prefer the warm moissanite too. Your making me want an EC really really bad 😂  marriedalready69 :  

Post # 6
69 posts
Worker bee

In case anyone was wondering about Mona’s business, she has been soooo nice and pleasant to work with. She cut this absolutely beautiful 10×8.5 GH ACC for me and is working on the ring now. I sent her inspiration pictures of the August vintage ACCs I’ve seen and I think she nailed it pretty close. A thin, medium sized culet. The price she quoted me for the ring was just $20 more than Tianyu and right around Starsgem prices. 

Post # 6
103 posts
Blushing bee

Hi guys, I’ve been lurking this thread for a while. How much would it cost for a solitaire white gold 14kt 1.5ct round moissanite from stars gem or other recommended sellers. Are the stones forever one? Interested in DEF color. 

Post # 6
1230 posts
Bumble bee

marriedalready69 : This is really beautiful. The emerald is a nice warm color and I know you like that.  Can’t wait to see hand pics! 

Post # 6
63 posts
Worker bee

I came home today to a note on my door that the post office tried to deliver two of the Indian moissanites I ordered but they require a signature. Yay!! I won’t be able to pick them up until Monday but I’m so happy they’re in town.

I’m going to echo the warnings to beware jewelrings. I won an auction that has free shipping. The immediately invoiced me for $9.99 shipping. I messaged them and they didn’t respond. Several days later, they invoiced me again, raising the shipping to $19.99! Not happening. I talked to eBay and they said to call back if the seller reports me for non-payment and they’ll remove it. Talk about shady practices. 

Post # 6
415 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I’ve got the bug again you guys. Ha. 

This time I am planning a 9×7 or maybe 9.5×7.5 crushed ice radiant provided they aren’t too yellow — in a simple stuller repro.

like this 

the question is — do I want normal radiant cut or do I want crushed ice. I won’t tolerate warmth well and I know radiant are already a warmer stone. 

Post # 6
544 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2019 - City, State

edit: nevermind

Post # 6
415 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

marriedalready69 :  I just had a quote from ruby at Provance – their prices are insane !! 

I’m waiting on Mona and Cherry to see who I end up going with .. but from what I have seen ruby’s Quotes seem to be coming in much cheaper which is either amazing .. or too good to be true .. we’ll see I guess ? 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors